O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
W H Y Y O U S H O U L D S T R E T C H
M E L I S S A K E R O A C K :
• Stretching on a regular basis is just as important as getting an adequate
amount of exercise per week.
• However, most people tend to overlook the importance of stretching and
will skip it completely, thinking that it will do little to improve their fitness.
• Stretching should be
included with every
workout, and can even
substitute a workout if your
body needs it.
• Here are some reasons
why you should stretch
more and make it a part of
your everyday routine…
• First, let’s talk about why
stretching is good for your body.
• To start with, it helps improve
your ﬂexibility and in turn
increases your range of motion.
• This is particularly important for
athletes who need to make sure
their ﬂexibility levels are high so
that their chances of injuring a
• Stretching also increases
your posture because it
lengthens tight muscles
that tend to pull areas of
the body away from their
original intended position.
• In addition, stretching helps
increase blood and nutrient
supply to your muscles,
which can reduce muscle
• Stretching is not only
beneficial for you
physically, but it is also
proven to have positive
effects for your mind.
• Stretching for just 10 to 15
minutes per day can help
calm your mind and give
your body a chance to
Many yoga and pilates classes incorporate stretching with
strength and mind exercises that allow you to release physical
and mental tension while also helping you increase your
H E R E A R E S O M E T H I N G S T O K E E P I N M I N D A S
Y O U T H I N K A B O U T S T R E T C H I N G R E G U L A R LY:
• Though many people think that stretching should be
done before a workout, it is important that you stretch
after a workout when your muscles are warmed up.
• Focus on muscles that need the most help - spend a
longer amount of time stretching muscles that you can
feel are tight or more prone to injury
• Stretch for a long period of time once a week - this can
be done through an hour-long yoga class or through
your own flexibility routine.
Hopefully, you will begin to
implement more stretching
as part of something you do
on a daily basis, because it is
not only good for your body,
but for your mind aswell.
• Stretching is a way for you to get and stay healthier and so you
can prevent yourself from getting injured.
• For more information on why stretching is good for you, read
this article published on LifeHacker.com.