9. Class teacher Simply enter each child’s name against their achievement at the start of the academic year and then enter the total number of children for each NC level NB If children arrive or leave throughout the academic year simply add/ delete and adjust the totals The potential on track indicates the number and percentage if the children in the Target Group make accelerated progress by the end of the academic year The totals are automatically calculated to show the number and percentage working at age-related expectations or above at the start of the academic year The number and percentage for the potential Level 5s are also calculated Using ongoing Teacher Assessment, update grids in the spring term At the end of the academic year enter the achievement for each child The end of year totals are automatically calculated
10. What next? Have all the target group achieved the age-related curricular target? What are the barriers to achievement that need to be addressed? How can I use whole class and group work to accelerate their progress? Class teacher Which interventions will best support the accelerated progress of this group? What are the key gaps in their learning? What did they achieve at the end of KS1? What about the children with SEN or more able?
20. Some additional thoughts Performance in a test Teaching approaches Build on strengths Address weaknesses Share outcomes with pupils Praise pupils Personalised learning targets Ownership of goals Why that result? Review curriculum
31. autumn term summer ongoing activities Transfer and transition Preparation for SATs spring term Transfer and transition Y5 to Y6 summer Y5 Follow up transfer Overview of Y ear 6 teaching
33. With Year 5 teacher 1. Compile pupil tracker information How many children are on track? How many should be on track? 2. Analyse QCA tests and children’s work What are key aspects of literacy and mathematics that need to be developed? 3. Map out possible use of wave 2 and 3 Interventions for year 6 4. Investigate further the specific aspects and possible barriers for groups/ individual through questioning, interviewing and work scrutiny 5. Review and set high-value age-related curricular targets 6. Differentiate the curricular targets for more and less able 7. Discuss curricular targets with all additional adults and share with parents/carers and children 8. Amend medium and short-term planning to ensure achievement of the curricular targets 9. Consider the use of ‘intervention’ to support the accelerated progress of groups/individuals 10. Review progress of groups and individuals against age related expectations 11. Update pupil tracker (if appropriate) 12. Carry out national tests and analyse performance and progress data and scripts 13. Plan and deliver units to support effective transition to next school 14 Provide next school/ class teacher with appropriate data and key information 15. Work with Year 5 teacher ( see above) Summer (Y6) Spring (Y6) Autumn (Y6) Summer (Y5) SAT Preparation SAT Preparation Summer (Y6) Spring (Y6) Autumn (Y6) Summer (Y5)