• Jerry believes he is George
Washington and is making plans to
attack the English. Jerry is suffering
a(n): _____. (Hint: not a disorder)
• Which neurotransmitter most likely
• Which Anxiety disorder is related to
high stress levels involving the
hormone cortisol after experiencing an
intense, emotional event?
• Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
• What current & specific text is used to
assist in classifying mental disorders?
• Nathan, who has experienced an acute
stressful event, suddenly forgets who
he is and travels from Florida to New
York to start a new life with a new
identity. Nathan has just experienced
• Dissociative Fugue
• Which personality disorder would be
characterized by being an extreme
• Schizoid Personality Disorder
• What are behavior patterns and mental
processes that interfere with our coping
of daily life?
• Psychological Disorders
• Not on Test: Which Axis of the DSM do
personality disorders fall under?
• Axis II
• Which gender is most likely to suffer
from simple phobias?
• Not on Test: (From article) Which
disorder was Sybil’s mother suffering
• Schizophrenia (undifferentiated)
• About what percentage of Americans
have suffered a mental disorder at
some point in their life?
• 33% or 1/3
• Which disorder is considered the
“common cold” of psychology?
• Bipolar and unipolar depression are
considered which classification of
• Mood/affective Disorders
• Gary wants to be around other people,
but is afraid of being rejected. He is a
nice guy, but extremely shy. Gary is
suffering from _____.
• Avoidant Personality Disorder
• What is the most common obsession
among OCD clients? (Hint: 55% of all
OCD clients fear this)
• Fear of contamination OR dirt
• When a client claims to not feel pain in
just in their hand, even though nothing
is medically wrong with them, they are
suffering a(n) ____ disorder.
• Somatic symptom disorder
• SKIP: A person suffering from
dissociative identity disorder
sometimes has a personality that
remembers everything (even
blackouts). The term for that
personality is a(n) _____. (Hint: two
• Memory Trace
• Tami is has been spending excessive
amounts of money in the past few
days, not sleep more than two hours a
night and has started writing a novel.
To a psychologist, this might indicate
that Tami is _____.
• Manic (bipolar)
• Ritualistic behaviors performed to rid
the mind of anxiety are known as ____.
• In Schizophrenia, the symptoms of
hearing voices are examples of _____.
• Contracting the flu virus while in utero
is said to contribute to the cause of
• Dennis believes that he is a true lady’s
man, even though he secretly suffers
from low self esteem. When he hits on
a woman and is “denied” he can’t
understand why. Dennis most likely is
• Narcissistic Personality Disorder
• Unwanted thoughts that are repeated in
a person’s mind are called:
• Which of the following would explain a
psychological cause of anxiety
A. A phobia that is conditioned
B. A lack of serotonin in the brain
C. Reduced brain cells in the frontal lobe
D. The idea that phobia help keep us safe
based on evolution and genetics
• Agoraphobia is most likely comorbid
with this disorder:
• Panic Disorder
• According to the DSM’s Global
Functioning Scale (Axis V), a score of
___ (#) would mean that a person is a
threat to themselves or others.
• What did Freud believe was the cause
• A cold, uncaring mother OR the id was
• Not on test: What is the term used to
describe mild mania?
• Not on test: A general medical
condition would be classified under
what Axis of the DSM?
• Axis III
• Which type of schizophrenia is
characterized by a person who sits
motionless in odd positions?
• Name two personality disorders from
Cluster B (Dramatic-Emotional):
• Borderline, Histrionic, Narcissistic,
• To be considered Bipolar I, a person
will cycle from mania to depression
about ___ (#) times per year.
• 2-4 times
• About how many people in the United
States suffer from schizophrenia?
• 2-3 million
• What chemical is related to the cause
• Which of the following is NOT
associated with a panic attack?
B) Increased Heart Rate
• Which disorder is characterized by
excessive worry and free floating
anxiety that is not caused by one
specific event or situation?
• Generalized Anxiety Disorder
• The fear of eating in public is an
example of a(n): ______.
• Social Phobia
• The main symptom of PTSD is:
• Flashbacks OR Nightmares
• The unrealistic preoccupations with a
serious disease that one does not have
is known as:
• Hypochondria (Illness anxiety disorder?
• Which type of schizophrenia is
characterized by using words that
rhyme or have random words
interjected into the sentence (word
• Disorganized Schizophrenia
Parece que tem um bloqueador de anúncios ativo. Ao listar o SlideShare no seu bloqueador de anúncios, está a apoiar a nossa comunidade de criadores de conteúdo.
Atualizámos a nossa política de privacidade.
Atualizámos a nossa política de privacidade de modo a estarmos em conformidade com os regulamentos de privacidade em constante mutação a nível mundial e para lhe fornecer uma visão sobre as formas limitadas de utilização dos seus dados.
Pode ler os detalhes abaixo. Ao aceitar, está a concordar com a política de privacidade atualizada.