2. Andy Warhol
• Leading figure in the visual art
movement known as pop art.
• His work became popular and
3. An artist is somebody who produces
things that people don't need to have.
- Andy Warhol
• Andy Warhol's artwork ranged in many forms of
media (hand drawing, painting, printmaking, etc).
• His works explore the relationship between artistic
expression, celebrity culture and advertisement
4. "…when you do something exactly
Typical work wrong, you always turn up
"Dead Stop", 1954
Heaven and Hell Are Just One Breath
"Being good in business is the
most fascinating kind of art.
Making money is art, and working
July 9, 1962 is art and good business is the
In 1949, Exhibition in the Ferus best art."
Moved to New York City. Gallery of Los Angeles,
Began a career in magazine marked his West Coast 1970s and 1980s
illustration and advertising. debut of pop art Entrepreneur and business artist
August 6, 1928 1968 February 22, 1987
Born on Pittsburgh, Attempted murder Died after a surgery
“Being born is like being
kidnapped. And then sold into
• Some critics have come to view Warhol's superficiality
and commerciality as “the most brilliant mirror of our
• Inspiration to new generations of artists.
– Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts
– The Andy Warhol Museum
• He co-founded Interview, a magazine devoted to film,
fashion, and popular culture that continues to this day.
“In the future everybody will be world famous for fifteen minutes.”