1. English Year 4 Lesson Plan
Date : 9 August 2014
Subject : English Language
Class : 4 Arif
Day : Tuesday
Time : 10.45am – 11.15am
Enrolment : 29 students
Level : Moderate Language Proficiency
Theme : World of Knowledge
Topic : The Insect Investigators
Focused skill : Reading
Integrated skill : Writing
Learning standards :
2.2.2 Able to read and understand phrases and sentences from:
(b) non-linear texts
Learning objectives : By the end of the lesson, students will be able to
a) Demonstrate understanding of a variety of non-linear texts in the form of print
materials using a range of strategies to construct meaning.
b) Understand to non-fiction texts about insects.
Educational emphases : CCTS
- answering Wh-Questions
- We must love and take care of insects around us.
- .we must take care of our nature.
- Interpersonal intelligence, linguistic intelligence
Language content : Vocabulary
- Description of certain insects.
Steps/ Time Content Teaching and Learning Strategies Remarks
(5 minutes) Some possible questions that will be ask:
What kind insects you can found in your
What other kind of insects that you know?
1. Teacher asks pupils about insects.
2. Introduce the topic to the pupils.
3. Asks the pupils to open their texts
(5 minutes) 1. Read the non-fiction texts. 1. Teacher asks the pupils to read the
texts in the texts book.
2. Teacher also may explain the texts
and some difficult words to the
pupils during the explanations.
1. Text book
Refer to the texts
book page 106.
Showing a video about ants
1. Teacher shows a video about ants at
the screen for the pupils.
2. Teacher asks the pupils some
questions related to the video to see
1. LCD screen
Answering the worksheet. 1. Teacher spread the worksheet to
2. Teacher explains the worksheet to
3. Teacher monitors and guide pupils
while they are doing the worksheet.
4. Teacher discusses the answer with
Shown in Appendix A
(5 minutes) Conclusion 1. Teacher revises on what the pupils
had learnt today.
2. Teacher revises difficult words in the