Lifespan of a business
• 1920 – 67 Years
• Now – 15 Years
• Tomorrow – 5 Years?
• Accredited every 4 years
• Diploma is not a certainty anymore for getting a job
• 40% of the U.S unemployment are Millennials
• Those who are done with their study can’t find a job in their study field
• New businesses create new jobs, using new techniques and technology that
require new skills thus new forms of education
• 47% of todays jobs won’t exist anymore in the next 10 years due
Lifespan of a curriculum?
Deep learning & Artificial Intelligence –
From knowledge education towards new skills & soft skills
New skills & soft skills education – Doing is the best
way of thinking
Who started doing?
Forward looking Universities change curriculum every year > Singularity
University, Agora, ABC School of Innovation
How? Strong Why + Scenario planning & MTP (Massive
Millennials are different & Generation Einstein is
born in a different era.
“Let’s innovate the Future of Education! Let’s create
an environment where we can learn and create
http://bit.ly/eduhack2 - Broadcasting & Livestreaming anything that is valuable for learning
#Transparancy #24/7 #On-Demand #life-coach #lifelonglearning #Glocal #Entrepreneurship #personalised #customized
Don’t fall in the KODAK trap, Be the progressive school & go on expedition
How? Broadcasting & Livestreaming anything that is valuable for learning
Now: Via Youtube, Google Hangouts on Air, Periscope, Meerkat
Next Year? Via Facebook in VR
More & More students will study abroad or
online via MOOCS (Coursera/Edx 1000s of
Business model: Pay per exam / per lesson /
Pay afterwards / Pay per use / Per per value
Side-profit: More international students,
Opportunities: Define your own curriculum
“Waardebepaling achteraf” – Make School
• Best reviews by making the student your ambassador
• Co-creation with students – Improving from the
• Teachers act as a mentor, coach and a facilitator & has
an open mindset to feedback
• Help students in pursuing their passion, show interest
& built a bond.
• Never stop innovating, reshape classrooms to meet
• Ask questions, try out new things, do things together
and share it
• Gamify education
• Opening up a network
• Everlasting support (De Rooi Pannen)
What makes a difference in schools?
• Scarcity in sweet water – Abundance in salt water
• Scarcity in fossil fuels – Abundance in sun/wind/water streams
• From atoms to bits
Scarcity vs Abundance
Give someone the challenge and tools to solve it, that
is what makes us excited as human beings, that is
how things change.
Our Why, How & What?
HOW: By crowdsourcing & co-creation!
WHY: Because we feel that
education can be so much
more fun & more
personalised nowadays! We
believe in life-long learning.
And we as humanity learn
best by doing.
WHAT: Events where everyone is
able to learn something.
- Start-up travels
- Innovation hacks
- Pressure cooks
- Campus Party
Who is with us? Attract technical partners, create
a learning-environment for them and let them
facilitate services #cocreation
Who do believe in us?
Created empathy to attract sponsors & facilitators
Who showed interest in us?
#eduhack2 #casus & #collaboration
1. Change schools into an Escape rooms to built (history)classes of the
2. How can we create a Blendle when it comes to learning material (pay
per useful chapter, not for crapchapters)
3. Imagine a service where students & teachers can teach each other
things, review each other and borrow materials and/or sell there
4. What can you do with all the materials that are not being used when
"officehours" are over?
5. How can we make sure higher education fits better into the real market
What do they feel should change or happen in
What do they feel should change or happen in
6. CutSchool: Spotify for (Education) videos, a platform for lectures
and students to teach through videos
7. How can we learn more effective by gaming?
8. How do we get healthy schoolschedules based on personalised
9. Create a game that will make eating healthy foods fun and
measures how much it increases learning productivity?
10. Create a game that will teach you the essence of sustainability
and the circular economy?
11. How to intrinsically motivate the individual student in education?
Is it possible to create a growth mindset with games to increase life-
long learning & open mindset to learn?
12. How do our schools look like in 2025?
13. 16 things adults want to see improved: Developing passion, own
learn route and fun in entrepreneurship with less written exams.
14. 10 things to change by Young Creators - http://bit.ly/YCEduhack2
What do they feel should change or happen in
What will you get to make this a reality?
nr. API Category Company Contactperson Contactdetails Country
1 ProjectCampus API Portfolio ProjectCampus Flip van Haaren firstname.lastname@example.org The Netherlands
2 UseClark SDK Readhacking UseClark Oscar de Bos Pavon Oscar@useclark.nl The Netherlands
3 Brightcenter API's App algoritms BrightCenter Richard Bergmans Richard.email@example.com The Netherlands
N.A. E-faqt (Vervolgeditie) API Brainstorm/teamwork 42 Education Jeroen Offerijns firstname.lastname@example.org The Netherlands
4 skillspaspoort API's portfolio Sales Standard Foundation Maries Denaux email@example.com The Netherlands
5 studentfirst Booklist API's listing, reviewing StudentFirst Gerard Pruim firstname.lastname@example.org The Netherlands
Leeruniek API (eduhack 1
video) Reading Leeruniek Jelte de Jongh Jelte@leeruniek.nl The Netherlands
6 Manus Machina API VR gaming Manus Machina Stephan van den Brink/ Ricardo Broeders email@example.com The Netherlands
7 42 Education API Gamification & apps 42 Education Jeroen Offerijns firstname.lastname@example.org The Netherlands
• A Grand price of €2500,- Euro to help you with implementing the
• A gift from New York Pizza’s for trying – Guess what..
• A gift from Campus Party Jaarbeurs Utrecht to help you further.
• A big network of Edtech entrepreneurs, Education Innovators,
Innovative school-leaders that love to prototype new ideas
• PR & Media attention via Articulum & Our global network of
• Special Theme Awards – Meditation / Food & Health / Gaming &
What will you get when you turn this into a reality?
CONVERGE PROBLEMS, TRENDS & TECHNOLOGY INTO NEW
WAYS OF INTRINSICLY DRIVEN EDUCATION
YOUR TURN! GOOD LUCK!
Organized with by Dennis Voorn & Nick van Breda
Want this presentation? Check
STEP 1: Define the WHY of THE NEW SCHOOL?
Purpose & Motivation in max. 2 sentences
• Write it down: 5 minutes individually per person
“Why do students choose for your school?”
• Walk around & give it to someone else that you
barely speak with and rate it on the back side
with a number 1-5 by excitement level
• Swap 3 times, rate 3 times in couples
• 10+ points raise hands and present this WHY on
• Raise hands for winning WHY > Starting Point
Brainstorm about “How do we do things in 2025?
• How does our business model look like?
• How do we attract ambassadors?
• How did we sustain & grow towards this?
• How do unknown people react when them about The New School?
STEP 2: How to become THE NEW SCHOOL of 2025?
Validation board / Business Model Canvas
STEEP Trend cards
STEP 2: Get in Groups
What did we do? Draw a timeline from 2025 to now and stick post-its on it
• What is The New School all about in 2025?
• What happens in The New School in 2025?
• What gets our students and us excited to be part of The New School?
• What is needed if trends emerge? What has changed?
STEP 3: Create groups of 10 & Brainstorm about
• Pitch in 3-5 minutes
STEP 4: Present your WHY, HOW, WHAT
Reasoning Imagining Pursuing
Make it happen!
Online tools to make a start
• Make a part-up account to start organizing together (Part-up.com,
• Shared Calender, Shared to-do-list (Google Agenda, Todoist/Wunderlist)
• Shared working platform (MijnVlc, Trello, Asana, Slack)
• Sharing crowdsourcing platforms (Facebook groups, Twitter, LinkedIn groups)
• Stay up to date (Podio.com, Twitter Lists, Facebook Groups, ZEEF.com)
• Online brainstorming together (Realtimeboard.com, Stormboard.com)
• Online meetings (Appear.in/thenewschool, Google Hangouts, Skype)
• Target audience preferred media? Facetime/skype/Whatsapp for feedback
Thanks for helping your organization further
Want to stay up-to-date with trends &
Want to connect, follow or work together
Give me feedback in just 1 minute Want to share this presentation? Check
out my Slideshare
Parece que tem um bloqueador de anúncios ativo. Ao listar o SlideShare no seu bloqueador de anúncios, está a apoiar a nossa comunidade de criadores de conteúdo.
Atualizámos a nossa política de privacidade.
Atualizámos a nossa política de privacidade de modo a estarmos em conformidade com os regulamentos de privacidade em constante mutação a nível mundial e para lhe fornecer uma visão sobre as formas limitadas de utilização dos seus dados.
Pode ler os detalhes abaixo. Ao aceitar, está a concordar com a política de privacidade atualizada.