Learn about consumer intelligence to enhance consumer experience
1. Consumer Experience Unified Consumer & Market Intelligence Solutions By: Jaiveer Singh Chand Version 1.0 Jan 2009
2. Consumer Intelligence Consumer intelligence is everywhere, and it's the core value in finding lifestyle relevance. Relevance makes us laugh and admire, but most importantly it makes us buy. Stay in tune with your customer and make connections with them at every opportunity. The success of your company depends on the creation of products and services relevant to your consumer's ever-changing interests.
3. Converting Consumers into Customers Consumers are people/ organizations who consume/use products/services so in other words they define market. Consumers can be classified on various parameters e.g. demographics, lifestyle patterns, similar products/ services consumers, substitute/alternative products users and so on. A consumer could be your prospect customer and therefore you need to reach him with relevant offer. Intermediaries like distributors & retailers may also act as customers to reach to target consumers.
4. Organization View Consumers How do you know/reach to potential customers How do you optimize your offerings to retain customers and keep them profitable as well Marketing can be described as the set of activities that are undertaken in order to generate leads, while selling is the act of turning a prospect a hot lead into a buyer and later a repeat customer.
13. Hierarchy of Media Consumers Desires 1 Entertainment Our appetite for entertainment is almost limitless, and our time and dollar budgets are remarkably elastic. However, novelty is a key factor, making this a large target that is nonetheless hard to hit. 2 Communications A clear second to entertainment, this translates into a desire to "be in touch" interpersonally. The most powerful hybrid of communications and entertainment is "particitainment"—entertaining communications that connects us with some larger purpose or enterprise. 3 Transactions Add an entertainment dimension and certain kinds of transactions can become an absorbing priority—this is the appeal of shopping malls. 4 Information Information becomes appealing only when it is harnessed in the service of one or more of the other three desires in the hierarchy, especially entertainment.
14. Media Consumers Seventy Percent of Media Consumers Use Multiple Forms of Media at the Same Time, according to a study for The Media Center at API. Three quarters of U.S. television viewers read the newspaper while they watch TV, and two thirds of them go online while they watch TV. Key study findings include: * People who regularly or occasionally watch TV and read the newspaper at the same time: 74.2% * People who regularly or occasionally watch TV while going online: 66.2%. * For simultaneous online users, TV viewing is down 8.8% among 18 to 24 year-olds and down 12.2% among 25 to 34 year-olds in favor of video games * What people do as they wait for downloads from the Internet: listen to the radio (52.1%); watch TV (61.8%), read the newspaper (20.2%) * Importance of word of mouth when it comes to making purchase decisions: 72.5% of all consumers say it's very important versus 80% among cell phone users.
16. www.twitter.com/singhjaiveer www.singhjaiveer.blogspot.com Global IT Engagement Manager having 16 years of industry experience (Academics from IMT, India, Carnegie Mellon University, Harvard Business Publishing, PMI USA) I occasionally write about enterprise program/ project management, IT governance, collaboration, web 2.0, enterprise 2.0, BI, SaaS, cloud computing, disruptive technology innovations/ leading examples, technology implementation as business differentiator, leading teams and share thoughts on various management books/ articles which I read time to time.
Notas do Editor
Many of these charts have animation and speaker notes.