O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
TYPES OF WASTE
WASTE IS "TANGIBLE”
IDENTIFYING MANY SMALL OPPORTUNITIES
-LEADS TO LARGE OVERALL CHANGE
7 PRINCIPLES OF TOYOTA
Reduced Setup Times Small-Lot Production
Quality at the Source Suppliers Involvement
Pull Production Equipment Maintenance
Employee Involvement and Empowerment.
WHY TOYOTA USES KAIZEN
• To remain competitive.
• To improve customer service and make him
• To work smarter, and not harder.
• To improve productivity and quality.
• To become world class.
Toyota Culture and Management
• The Toyota Way is not the Toyota Production
• The Toyota Way consists of the foundational
principles of the Toyota culture.
• Allows TPS to function properly.
THE MAIN IDEAS OF TOYOTAS WAY
The 4 sections of the Toyotas way:
I. Having a long-term philosophy that drives a long-term approach to building
a learning organization.
II. The right process will produce the right results.
III. Add value to the organization by developing its people and partners.
IV. Continuously solving root problems to drive organizational learning.
PRINCIPLES OF TOYOTAS
I. Having a long-term philosophy that drives a
long-term approach to building a learning
• Base your management decisions on a long-
term philosophy, even at the expense of short-
term financial goals
II. The right process will produce the right results
• Create a continuous process flow to bring problems
to the surface
• Use "pull" systems to avoid overproduction.
• Level out the workload.
• Build a culture of stopping to fix problems, to get
quality right the first time
• Use visual control so no problems are hidden.
• Use only reliable, thoroughly tested technology that
serves your people and processes
III. Add value to the organization by developing its
people and partners.
• Grow leaders who thoroughly understand the work,
live the philosophy, and teach it to others
• Develop exceptional people and teams who follow
your company's philosophy
• Respect your extended network of partners and
suppliers by challenging them and helping them to
IV. Continuously solving root problems to drive
• Go and see for yourself to thoroughly understand the
situation (Genchi Genbutsu).
• Make decisions slowly by consensus, thoroughly
considering all options; implement decisions rapidly
BENEFITS FROM KAIZEN
• Kaizen reduces waste.
• Kaizen improves: Space utilization.
Use of capita.
• Kaizen provides immediate results.