O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
Control the price
Measure the consumption
Refit project by project
Automate energy savings
BUSINESS IS ENERGY INTENSIVE
• Modern business is
• Your working day is
more energy intensive.
• Just look at all the
things that you are
carrying that need
• Looking at the graph
you can see what areas
of your business use
the most power and
use this as a priority list
to tackle energy waste.
Typical energy use in a business
THE PLACE TO START SAVING
• Is with your staff
They turn things on that should be off.
They don’t turn things off that should be off.
They don’t turn things on that should be on.
They fiddle with your heating and cooling.
STAFF ENERGY AWARENESS
HELPING YOUR STAFF SAVE ENERGY
• The key to helping your staff to save energy:
• Make staff aware that energy is a major cost in the
• Make them aware that they have a role to play in reducing
• Create an energy awareness team to manage the energy
• Help them make the right choices by using your Utilitywise
energy saving stickers to mark switches and equipment
that should be switched off after use.
DEVELOPING AN ENERGY AWARENESS
PLAN FOR YOUR BUSINESS
• The success of your plan depends on employee support and
So we would recommend forming an energy awareness team.
Depending upon the size of your business you might be able to
draw upon the help of a number of departments, for example:
• Champion/leader to develop and spearhead the Energy Awareness Team
and to delegate responsibilities
• Facility Manager to provide information about your company's existing
energy consumption and potential for improvement
• Representative from the marketing department for communications
• Representatives from senior management to provide practical support
• A small team can create a lot of traction for energy savings and
be the eyes and ears on the ground for management.
• Of course a smaller business or one with high energy needs can
include senior staff (MD or business owners) on the team.
MAKING IT EASY FOR STAFF TO
MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICE
• Use your Utilitywise energy saving stickers to mark switches
and equipment that should be switched off after use.
Reminder like this can have a powerful effect on behaviour.
• Label all switches with a short description of what they do.
This makes it clear which should be switched on and which
should be left off.
• Reward staff that take steps to reduce their energy
This does not have to cost a lot. One scheme we know of left a chocolate
on the desk of staff that had turned off all their computer equipment.
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER
• It’s hard to track where your energy goes
• It can be difficult to find out where, when, how and who is
using your energy.
• So it is difficult to find out how it is being wasted.
IDENTIFYING WHERE, WHEN AND
HOW ENERGY IS BEING USED
• There are a number of products and services that
can help you identify where you are wasting energy.
CAN SMART METERS HELP SAVE
• The answer is - it depends.
• Smart meters give you detailed
site wide information about
your energy use, as well as
removing the need for
• They are great for highlighting
site wide anomalous energy
• BUT only if you are looking at
the data that is coming from the
• Smart meters are a legal
requirement for all businesses
by the end of 2019.
AN EXAMPLE OF HOW A SMART
METER SAVED A CLIENT THOUSANDS
This screen shows data from a gas smart
meter being viewed on Utility Insight our
smart meter reporting platform.
We were quick to ask the client why their
heating was running during the night, while
the office was closed.
The red bars show the gas use before our
The yellow bars show the gas use after our
A CIRCUIT LEVEL VIEW SHOWS MORE
DETAIL THAN A SMART METER
This screen shows the energy being used by a number of circuits at the Utilitywise head office. The data comes
from Edd:e our circuit level energy monitor, we have Edd:e fitted to every circuit board in the building allowing us
to compare monitor energy use in every circuit, 24-hours a day, 365 days a year. Monitoring at the circuit level
offers a much more detailed view of the energy use.
• An on-site
survey of your
ways that you
EXAMPLE SAVINGS SHOWN IN AN
WANT MORE ENERGY SAVING
• See our Twitter feed and website.