• Windows is one of the most commonly
used operating systems because it
comes pre-installed on most computers
except Apple Macs and Linux
3. Features on Windows
• There are lots of great features in Windows.
• HomeGroup - Takes the headache out of sharing ﬁles and
printers on a LAN network
• Jump Lists - Speedy access to your favourite pictures, songs,
websites, and documents.
• Snap - A quick (and fun!) new way to resize and compare
windows on your desktop.
• Windows Live Essentials - A suite of eat programs in one free
download. Mail, Movie Maker, Photo gallery, and more!
• Windows Search Find virtually anything on your PC, instantly.
• Windows Taskbar - better thumbnail previews, easier-to-see
icons, and more ways to customise.
4. Features in Mac OS X
• There are lots of great features in os x lion:
• New gestures to make the operating system so much more easier to
• Full Screen apps - So that you can use every inch of your display, and
some apps are built for Full screen.
• Mission Control brings together full-screen apps, Dashboard, Expose,
and Spaces in one new feature that gives you a bird’s-eye view of
everything on your system. Just one Simple gesture does this all.
• Mac App Store - The best way to discover apps for your mac is now on
your mac. You can download 3rd party software or software from
apple. Productivity software, games. You name it!
• Launchpad - Lanchpad gives you instant access to all the apps on your
Mac. Just click the launch icon in your Dock. Your open windows fade
away, and replaced by a dispay of all your apps
5. Security on Windows
• The best security software for Windows
are normally 3rd party software. Most
viruses are for Windows because there
are more people using Windows.
80%-99.4% of viruses are aimed for
6. Security os x lion
• Lion has the best security, there are not a
lot of viruses and malware out there for
Macs. Mainly because there aren't as
many people who use macs than
Windows so hackers don't really bother
to make viruses for Mac. But because the
10% market share from Macs are rising,
hackers may start to focus on Macs.
7. HOW TO MANAGE THE
PERIPHERALS IN WINDOWS?
• well, in windows there is a ‘devices and
printers’ tab in the control panel where
you can see all of your connected
devices and connected printers. You can
also let Windows troubleshoot your
device if its not working properly.
8. Windows File
• Windows takes ﬁle management to a
whole new level. Library has your
documents, movies and pictures
folders. There is also a quick launch
icon in the task bar.
• In windows, mouse, keyboard etc...
devices have to install the driver before
you can use it. Normally it takes a long
time because Windows has to try to
search for it and then download it.
10. Devices on OS X
• Devices are pretty much the same on
OS X, you have a keyboard, mouse,
webcam, Bluetooth and Infrared for the
standard ones. You can also add more,
for example, a hand or eye scanner,
card reader and more!