1. CONCEPT OF STATISTICAL GRAPH, ITS PURPOSE
AND ROLE IN STATISTICAL AND ECONOMIC ANALYSIS
"Department of Economics, Entrepreneurship and Business Administration"
2. A statistical graph is a conventional
representation of statistical values using lines,
geometric shapes, drawings, or schematic
The main task of graphs is a visual
representation of the facts of socio-economic
3. make sex. the data are more visual (better perceived and
remembered), creating a ready-made image of the
phenomenon being investigated;
make it possible to immediately notice the peculiarities and
trends in the development of phenomena, as well as the
interrelationships between phenomena.
Advantages of the graphic method:
it is not possible to display as much data on the graph as the
only whole or rounded numbers can be shown on the graph;
building a graph can be more time-consuming than building a
Disadvantages of graphs:
4. Statistical graphs perform the following functions:
2) Control room.
Graphs are used for the following purposes:
- characteristics of the development of phenomena in time and space;
- characteristics of the structure of phenomena;
- study of the connection between signs;
- comparison of statistical values;
- economic and geographical characteristics of phenomena.
5. Basic requirements for statistical graphs:
• the graph must accurately reflect the initial data
presented in the table;
• the schedule must be clear, understandable and
easy to read;
• the schedule should be, if possible, artistically