34. Moredun Library in Edinburgh, Scotland began weekly Playstation 2 tournaments between teens and local police officers in Jan. 2006.
36. The kids reportedly trash the bobbies at Gran Turismo 3, Tiger Woods Golf, and Pro Evolution Soccer.
40. “ Game Cultures promote various types of information literacy, develop information seeking habits and production practices (like writing), and require good, old-fashioned research skills, albeit using a wide spectrum of content. In short, librarians can’t afford to ignore gamers.” ► Library Journal April 15, 2005.
44. That was 4 years ago. Now gaming should be a daily service.
46. In his study “The Impact of Video Games on Training Surgeons in the 21st Century,” Dr. James C. Rosser Jr. of Beth Israel Medical Center, New York reports that: ● Doctors who played video games at least three hours a week sometime in their past worked 27% faster and made 37% fewer errors (compared to those who had never picked up a controller).
49. On average, gamers spend 6.8 hours a week playing video games, and 23.4 hours per week exercising or playing sports, volunteering or engaging in religious activities, creative pursuits, cultural activities, or reading. Couch potatoes they ain’t. ► Entertainment Software Association’s 2005 Essential Facts About the Computer And Video Game Industry
66. Nintendo Game Cube Price: $100 Games: Super Smash Brothers Mario Kart Double Dash Nintendo Wii Price: $250 Games: Wii Sports Mario Party 8
67. On the internet Runescape screenshot www.runescape.com World of Warcraft screenshot www.worldofwarcraft.com It’s free!
68. Best Selling Games of 2007 1. Halo 3 – X-Box 360 2. Wii Play w/remote Nintendo Wii 3. Call of Duty 4 X-Box 360 4. Guitar Hero 3 Play Station 2 5. Super Mario Galaxy Nintendo Wii
69. Credits Shari Haskins Teen Department Manager Research PowerPoint Presenter Sara Davis Riverton Branch Library Tech Services Photos of Riverton Branch Library Teen Scene Research Holly Hendrix Teen Services Librarian Research PowerPoint Presentation