O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
A Scribd passará a dirigir o SlideShare em 24 de setembro de 2020.A partir desta data, a Scribd passará a gerenciar sua conta do SlideShare e qualquer conteúdo que você possa ter na plataforma. Além disso, serão aplicados os Termos gerais de uso e a Política de Privacidade da Scribd. Se prefira sair da plataforma, por favor, encerre sua conta do SlideShare. Saiba mais.
History of Milo
• MILO comes from humble Aussie roots?
• MILO derived its name from MILON, a
champion athlete of ancient Greek mythology.
He was renowned for his feats of strengths.
• MILO was developed in the 1930s
• 1934: Launched in Australia as a Tonic Food
• 1936: Sponsored the Olympic Games.
1939: MILO was introduced in South Africa.
2001: In South Africa, MILO was enriched with
MILO is the Malt Chocolate energy drink that is
synonymous with energy, good health and
success, using sport as a metaphor for life.
The original milo
Product item depth
Image of product
• Balanced nutrition-the nutrient content has been improved to
meet evolving demands. There are 4 main components in each
Milo product which is;
1. PROTOMALT-a malt extract with a mixture of different
Carbohydrates that provides energy and nutrients the body
2. ACTIGEN-E -a combination of 8 vitamins and 4 minerals which
helps in the optimal release of energy.
3. Natural Goodness-of malt, skimmed milk, and cocoa.
4. Protein- Protein is one of the micronutrients that is important
to built and repair body tissue.
Milo Wafer bar
Pack Extra Nutrition with Milo
Milo chocolate bar
• Available in different
• Available in small pouch.
5 Rs. and 15 Rs.
• Available in cans and tins.
General information about product and product
ingredient on pack
• Product branding
• Product Packaging
• Eco-efficient Packaging
Improve the packaging
Add more ingredients
Add more items.
Milo product enhancement
1. Product positioning
2. Channel function-The two types of channel are by using
retailer and merchant/wholesaler.
These channel also have their own function such as
transactional function(contacting, promotion, negotiating, risk taking ),
logistical function ( physically distributing, storing, sorting ) and
facilitating function (researching, financing )
3. Channel structure
4. Product transportation
C & F agent
use of both railway & roadway
3. Optimizing Networks
4. Place recommendation
Clearing & Forwarding Agents [C&F Agents]
are appointed at various places. Such agents
stock and sale goods on behalf of the principal
• FREE 1 MILO sporty tumbler
with every purchase of MILO
• Buy Milo 1 Kg free 1 Juara
• Buy MILO 400g free 50g
• Free Raya Cards for any 6 cans
• Outdoor media-Nestle also collaborate with Ministry
of Sports and Youth in order to organize national and
international sport event.
• Internet- Facebook, own site.
• Printed Media-Printed media includes newspapers,
magazines as well as posters.
• Price strategy-It consists of 3 type of pricing
strategy which is
• Price skimming-Marketer sets a relatively high price for a product or service
at first, then lowers the price over time.
• Penetration pricing-Setting a relatively low initial entry price, often lower
than the eventual market price, to attract new customers.
• Status quo pricing-Marketing approach that aims at keeping things as they
are by not trying to grab a larger market share , thus avoiding direct and
expensive confrontation with the competitors.
Income and occupation
3. Psychographic .
• Social class and lifestyle
Attitudes towards Product
1. Differentiated Targeting …. Different Product
For Different Market Segment .
• Working class
• Senior citizen
• Malt based energy health drink.
• Different types for different age groups and sports
• Various flavors (chocolate, Strawberry, Mango).
• Effective advertisement.
• Attractive Packaging.
• Maintaining good relation with customer.
• Satisfying customer wants.
Value for money.
Part of Nestle(reputation) funds used for nestle promotion.
Unique selling point.
Available in different flavor.
main focus is on chocolate energy food drink.
• One product for 2 different age categories.
• It is available in different shapes and types.
Not enough investment in milo.
Packaging(design of tin + labeling).
Weak, damaged brand
Increased media availability (Mobile/internet)
Increased fitness industry.
Increase awareness of health and fitness.
Sponsorship (through sporting events).
Milo has many formidable competitors.
• Competitors could use aggressive marketing tactics cut
prices/ increases promotion .
• Competitors bring out similar products.
• Competitors have diversity in packaging (bottles
pouches, cans, etc.