• India is most amazing country in the world.
• India is the land of many incredible facts, which are not yet popular and well-
known to all the people
• In each and every part of the country, you will find different culture, tradition,
• India is a large country in terms of population & land. So, it is difficult for every
person to discover some interesting facts about India
AFloating Post Office
• India’s first floating Post office was on Dal Lake in Srinagar
• It was inaugurated by Minister of State for Communications &
IT, Sachin Pilot & Chief Minister of Jammu & Kashmir Omar
Abdullah on 22 August 2011
• India has the largest postal network in the world with over
1,55,015 post offices
• Now , the post office is the star attraction for tourists visiting the
Rabindranath Tagore wrote national
anthem for Bangladesh
• Rabindranath Tagore is credited not only for writing the Indian national
anthem, Jana Gana Mana, but also the Bangladeshi national
anthem, Amar Sonar Bangla, as well
• He was also offered knighthood by the British but refused the honour after
the Jalianwala Bagh massacre
Kumbh Mela gathering visible from space
• The largest human gathering in the history of the world, the Maha Kumbh
Mela, a spiritual event held every 144 years in Northern India
• The 2011 Kumbh Mela was the largest gathering of people with over 75
• The gathering was so huge that the crowd was visible from space
• The festival is expected to attract 70 million people to a sacred location on
the Ganges River, 15 km from Allahabad, for more than a month of bathing
The wettest inhabited place in the world
• Mawsynram, a village on the Khasi Hills, Meghalaya, receives the
highest recorded average rainfall in the world
• The place that records the highest rainfall on the Earth is Maysynram,
located in Meghalaya, India.
• Cherrapunji, also a part of Meghalaya, holds the record for the most
rainfall in the calendar year of 1861
The highest cricket ground in the
• The Chail cricket stadium Of Himachal Pradesh is the highest cricket
ground in the world.
• Chail is also considered as the hiker's paradise.
• The area is away from the bustling life of the state capital Shimla. In
1891, Maharaja Bhupinder Singh of Patiala incurred the rage of Lord
• The Chail Palace is well known for its architecture.
Shampooing is an Indian concept
• Shampoo was invented in India, not the commercial liquid ones but
the method by use of herbs.
• The word 'shampoo' itself has been derived from the Sanskrit
word champu, which means to massage.
The Indian national Kabaddi team has won
All World Cups
• India has won all 5 men's Kabaddi World Cups held till now & have
been undefeated throughout these tournaments
• The Indian women's team has also won all Kabaddi World Cups held
The first rocket in India was transported on a
• The first rocket was so light & small that it was transported on a bicycle to
the Thumba Launching Station in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
Largest number of vegetarians in
• Be it because of religious reasons or personal choices or
both, around 20-40% of Indians are vegetarians, making
it the largest vegetarian-friendly country in the world.
The human calculator
• Shakuntla Devi was given this title after she demonstrated the
calculation of two 13 digit numbers: 7,686,369,774,870 ×
2,465,099,745,779 which were picked at random
• She answered correctly within 28 seconds
Parece que tem um bloqueador de anúncios ativo. Ao listar o SlideShare no seu bloqueador de anúncios, está a apoiar a nossa comunidade de criadores de conteúdo.
Atualizámos a nossa política de privacidade.
Atualizámos a nossa política de privacidade de modo a estarmos em conformidade com os regulamentos de privacidade em constante mutação a nível mundial e para lhe fornecer uma visão sobre as formas limitadas de utilização dos seus dados.
Pode ler os detalhes abaixo. Ao aceitar, está a concordar com a política de privacidade atualizada.