3. Why the need for PM4SD?
• Ever needed to be able to:-
• Understand and learn how to design and implement tourism projects in line with
sustainable tourism policies and practices.
• Utilize a range of tools and techniques to be used for managing projects and
workloads with sustainability.
• Increase international opportunities.
• Manage your team effectively.
• Apply knowledge related to sustainable tourism.
• Use sustainable tourism indicators and criteria internationally recognized by
organisations which are committed to sustainable tourism.
• Use specialist skills such as planning and implementation by adding best practices.
• To design innovative tourism projects.
4. What is PM4SD?
• PM4SD is a methodology that can be applied to different scales and types of
Travel and Tourism Projects
• It is
5. Who is PM4SD designed for?
• Project managers and aspiring project managers.
• Key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects,
• Project Board members (e.g. Senior Responsible Owners),
• Team Managers (e.g. Product Delivery Managers),
• Project Assurance (e.g. Business Change Analysts),
• Project Support (e.g. Project and Programme Office personnel) and operational line
6. How do I use PM4SD?
• As a Project Management Methodology PM4SD needs to be adapted for each
• Guidance provided for the roles in a project
• To help with the Management of the Project templates are provided
• Techniques are described such as for Planning
7. Can I take PM4SD exams?
• Yes at a Foundation level and at a higher Practitioner Level
• Foundation Level learn about:-
• The characteristics and context of a project and the advantages of adopting PM4SD.
• The purpose of the PM4SD roles, management products and components.
• The PM4SD principles.
• The purpose, objectives and context of the PM4SD processes
• Foundation Exam:-
• Multiple Choice
• 50 questions per paper
• 25 marks or more required to pass (out of 50 available) - 50%
• 40 minutes duration/50 minutes for non-English natives
8. Can I take PM4SD exams cont’d?
• Practitioner learn about:-
• The relationships between the roles, management products, principles, components,
techniques and processes.
• How to apply the principles, components and processes to a project.
• How to create and assess management products.
• Practitioner Exam:-
• Objective testing
• 8 questions per paper, with 10 marks available per question
• 40 marks or more required to pass (out of 80 available) - 50%
• 2 ½ hour duration
• Open book exam (PM4SD manual only)
9. How can I become a trainer in PM4SD?
• You will need the following:
• PM4SD Practitioner pass mark over 63%
• Minimum of 2 years experience in the Travel and tourism sector
• Have an ATO sponsoring you
• Experience of delivering courses
• Note:- Currently PM4SD is only available in English.
10. What support is there for PM4SD?
• Both Silvia Barbone and Mike Dollin are available for support.
• Silvia - PM4SD Product Owner and Highly Experienced Project Manager Based in
• Mike Highly Experienced Project Management Trainer and Consultant based in the
• Anne-Maria Experienced Sustainable Tourism Development Consultant and Trainer
• Contact JLAG for further details on how we can help you.
• Train the Trainer Sessions
• Co Teaching
• Knowledge interviews
• Course Material
• Forums and on line groups of PM4SD Practitioners
11. Save the date for the next
Get certified in PM4SD®