These papers explain in some detail what is green concrete
Presented by my dear wife in her graduate studies I loved to share with you to benefit everyone
Thanks to my wife(Ashwaq Mahmoud) for this effort
Mahmoud MortadaQuality Manager - CSSYB(Six Sigma Yellow Belt)-14years expr. em Albayan Group SA
• Green Concrete is the revolutionary topic in
the history of concrete industry.
• This was first invented in Denmark in year
1998 by Dr . WG.
• Green concrete has nothing to do with colour.
• Historically similar concrete mixtures have
been found in ancient Roman structures.
These materials were also used in Ukraine in
the 1950s and 1960s. 40 years later, those
Ukrainian buildings still exist.
3. What is Green Concrete
• Green concrete is the type of concrete
which is much like the conventional
concrete but the production of such
concrete require a minimum amount of
energy and causes the least harm to the
• using eco-friendly materials in concrete.
• Green concrete is very often and also
cheap to produce.
• The other name for green concrete is
resource saving structures with reduced
environmental impact for e.g. Energy
saving, co2 emissions, waste water.
4. Eco friendly using waste products saving energy Saving Money
Reduce the CO2
Green concrete has greater
strength and durability than
the normal concrete
It can withstand
temperatures of up
Resistance to corrosion
Environmental Benefits to using Green Concrete
5. MATERIALS FOR GREEN CONCRETE
(Manufactured sand for
Fine aggregates generally
consist of natural sand or
crushed stone with most
particles passing through a
Blast furnace slag (BFS) is a
typical solid waste generated
in the steel production
Finely ground glass (powder) has
pozzolanic properties and can be
used as a Type II (pozzolanic)
addition. Recycled glass
aggregate fits within the
definition of manufactured
aggregate given in BS EN 12620
6. MATERIALS FOR GREEN CONCRETE
Fly Ash is the most important components of
Green Concrete and it is a best alternatives to
Fly Ash is a byproduct produced during the
operation of coal-fired plants. The finely divided
particles from the exhaust gases are collected in
the electrostatic precipitous.
The advantages of Fly Ash
Higher ultimate strength
Increased resistance to alkali - silica
7. Mix-Design For Green Concrete
The concrete mix design
method for such concrete is
the same as for conventional