• Rooms inventory is no longer the
exclusive responsibility of the hotel’s
• The electronic room count is now
immediately available to a myriad of
global distribution channels, most
with little or no human interaction.
Add a footer 3
• Understanding the channels through
which hotels receive reservations is
• There are numerous channels of
distribution available for hotels today.
• Travelers now make less reservations by
telephoning the property directly, then
they do electronically through any
number of online options.
Add a footer 4
Add a footer 5
• A request for room accommodation is called a reservation.
• In most hotels, reservation office is a specialized area within the front office (rooms
• The reservations department plays a very important role in the operation for they
are responsible in selling hotel room and other services.
• The acceptance of bookings can determine the effectiveness of the reservation
process as evidenced on the smooth flow of guests into the property.
• Overbooking happens when there are
more reservations accepted than the
hotel rooms available capacity.
• This situation is apparent of how
inefficient the charting (manual) or
encoding (computerized) of reservation
bookings is being managed.
• Underbooking happens when there are
so many rooms available and very few
reservations coming into the hotel.
• This situation occurs when the hotel is
not aggressively marketed.
Add a footer 6
Add a footer 7
• Manual reservations are primitive but effective reservation systems with the use of
a combination of cards and charts displayed on a wall.
• The traditional way of accepting reservations may be time consuming and tiresome
but has its advantages:
• Using computers is expensive, the software, the hardware, and maintenance of a computer
• In case of power failure/shortage, I would be very difficult to retrieve information at that
• It takes time to train personnel to operate
• Once a computer program is damaged, it could affect the other data inside.
Add a footer 9
• Most hotels nowadays
realize the importance
of updating their
equipment especially in
the field of technology.
• Property Management
Add a footer 10
Methods and Sources of Reservations
• Third Party (Trivago, Booking.com, etc)
• Travel Intermediaries (Travel agencies, etc.)
Add a footer 11
Reservation Process - Manual
Add a footer 12
Reservation Process – Computerized
Add a footer 13
Accepting a Reservation
• When accepting a reservation, it is very important to fill up the reservation form
noting the following information:
• Arrival Date/Time – check the format used by the hotel MONTH/DAY/YEAR or 5 – Oct – 2019;
7:00 PM or 1900H
• Departure Date/Time – same as above
• Name of Guest
• Type of Accommodation
• Number of Persons
• Company Name – to check for corporate accounts, to get in touch with him/her easily
• Address/Fax/Tel. Number
• Status – Guaranteed/Confirmed etc.
• Remarks/Special Requests
• Booked by – hotel personnel
Add a footer 14
Reservations Thru Telephone
Greet the Caller
and Guest Name
Note Details of
Thank the Caller
Add a footer 15
Declining a Reservation
• As much as possible, a hotel does not want to deny a room to a guest, however,
because of full occupancy or some other reasons, hotels should take into
consideration the comfort and convenience of the guest first and foremost.
• When denying a reservation, it is very important to inform the guest tactfully the
reason for the refusal the soonest possible time.
• It would be best to offer alternative dates when the reservation can be
• The reservation clerk should show initiative in whatever way to help the guest, like
booking him into another hotel of the same standard as your property. In this way,
the guest will always appreciate and remember your kind gesture. Thus keeping in
mind to stay in your hotel when the opportunity comes.
Add a footer 16
Types of Reservations
• Regular / Ordinary Reservation
• An agreement where the hotel holds the room until a stated cut-off time. If the guest does not
arrive by that time, the room may be given to another guest
• Confirmed Reservation
• The terms are verified. Date, rate, type of accommodation, number of guests, deposit required
and other details. This type of reservation has been followed-up. If the guest fails to arrive, the
reservation will be canceled.
• Guaranteed Reservation
• This is an agreement in which the hotel holds the room from the arrival to check-out date. In
return, the guest assures payment for the room by credit card, per-payment, or by company
• Unless properly cancelled, the guest will be billed.
Add a footer 17
Methods to guarantee a reservation
• Credit card
• Advance Deposit (or partial pre-payment)
• Travel Agents
• Corporate Accounts
• In House Voucher
Parece que tem um bloqueador de anúncios ativo. Ao listar o SlideShare no seu bloqueador de anúncios, está a apoiar a nossa comunidade de criadores de conteúdo.
Atualizámos a nossa política de privacidade.
Atualizámos a nossa política de privacidade de modo a estarmos em conformidade com os regulamentos de privacidade em constante mutação a nível mundial e para lhe fornecer uma visão sobre as formas limitadas de utilização dos seus dados.
Pode ler os detalhes abaixo. Ao aceitar, está a concordar com a política de privacidade atualizada.