• CCTV (CLOSED CIRCUIT TELEVISION)
Closed-circuit television (CCTV) is the use
of video cameras to transmit a signal to a
specific place, on a limited set of
monitors. It differs from broadcast
television in that the signal is not openly
transmitted, though it may employ point
to point (P2P), point to multipoint, or
mesh wireless links.
Components of CCTV
• Digital Video Recorder
• Security Cameras
• Power Supply
• Other Accessories
Digital Video Recorder
• A CCTV is essentially a computer that
saves security video images to a hard
• Most security cameras in use today
capture an analog picture.
The DVR converts the analog signal to
digital and then compresses it.
• It is a consumer electronics device
designed for recording video in a
digital format within a mass storage
device such as USB flash drive, hard
disk drive or any other storage
• records images from analogue
How to install Hard Disc Drive to the DVR?
• Please follow these instructions to replace the hard
drive in your JP surveillance DVR.
• Unplug the DVR from the source.
• Using screw driver, remove the screws that hold the
top cover in place on the DVR and slide it open.
• Attach the new hard drive to your DVR using the
screws provided for hard disk drive.
• Attach the power and SATA cable to the back of the
• Install the DVR cover back into place.
Common DVR Ports:
• Video In – Channels for Security Camera
• Audio In – port for audio inputs
• Audio Out – port for speakers
• HDMI – port for HDMI supported monitor
• VGA – port for VGA supported monitor
• LAN – port allocated for the router
• USB port – port for flash drives (backing-up
files) and mouse
• PTZ port – port for pan-tilt-zoom camera
• Power Input – power supply port
Network Video Recorder (NVR)
• a software program that
records video in a digital
format to a disk drive, USB
flash drive, SD memory card or
other mass storage device.
• An NVR contains no dedicated
video capture hardware.
• An NVR is typically deployed in
an IP video surveillance system.
• Records images from IP
What you need to consider when choosing a
security surveillance NVR or DVR?
• The most important factor when considering a recorder
typically is your wiring.
• Wiring will dictate what you need and what you can
use a majority of the time. As an example, if you
already have coax cables installed and connected to an
older analog CCTV system it would make more sense to
use a DVR that supports coax cable already.
• Newer HD surveillance camera systems transmit HD
video over coax so you can simply swap out your
cameras and DVR for newer technology for a fraction of
the cost of a new installation.
Hybrid Video Recorder (HVR)
• can record images from both analogue and IP cameras.
• All recordings are saved to hard disk.
• Able to record audio in IP cameras
• Able to record audio in microphone when in analog.
There are many different
security cameras on the
market that are designed to
support different applications
and mounting option.
May be a dome camera,
bullet camera, covert
camera, or PTZ camera
• Dome CCTV Cameras. Dome
Security Cameras are named for
their dome-like shape.
• Dome cameras are commonly
used in surveillance systems
inside of homes, casinos, retail
stores, and restaurants.
• A varifocal dome camera gives
you the flexibility to adjust the
focal distance of the camera lens
to exactly where you need it.
• Bullet Security Cameras. Bullet security c
ameras are a type video surveillance
camera that is typically small and shaped
like a rifle bullet shell or lipstick case.
• Smaller bullet cameras are typically the
diameter of a cigar, but they are shorter.
• Sometimes they are referred to as
• Covert cameras, also called
hidden or spy cameras, are
cameras which are used to
secretly monitor locations.
• They are usually installed inside
common household items like
mirrors, passive infrared
detectors and smoke detectors to
• A pan–tilt–zoom camera is a camera that is
capable of remote directional and zoom
• In television production, PTZ controls are used
with professional video cameras in television
studios, sporting events, and other spaces.
• They are commonly referred to as robos, an
abbreviation of robotic camera.
Different Camera Definitions
• Analog Camera refers to CCTV cameras which is an analog video signal that
is transmitted over coaxial cable back to a video recorder or monitor. So,
the modern CCTV surveillance system (still sometimes called analog) is
actually analog on the camera and cable side, but digital on the recorder
• AHD Camera is an analog high definition closed-circuit television video
surveillance camera that supports 720p and 1080p HD video resolutions.
• IP Camera is an Internet Protocol camera. It is a type of digital video
camera commonly employed for surveillance which can send and receive
data via a computer network and the Internet. It is used for surveillance
that can be directly accessed over a network connection.
Do CCTV Cameras Record Audio?
Yes, that is the simple
answer. CCTV camera, or IP
Camera can of course
record audio, together with
video image. However,
analog CCTV camera, and IP
CCTV camera record the
sound in different manners:
• the audio input is directly fed into the DVR.
• It means, between the DVR and the microphone
(audio input device), it is the analog signal
• The digitalization of the audio signal is done at the
• The limitation of how many microphones can be
installed of this solution would be the number of
inputs allowed by the DVR.
IP CCTV camera
• the audio input is fed into the IP Camera.
• Between IP camera and the microphone, it’s the
analog signal transmission.
• Digitalization of the audio signal is done at the IP
camera level which will be transmitted to the NVR.
• The limitation of how many microphones can be
installed, for this solution, would be purely depend
on the number of video channel of the NVR, and
whether the IP camera comes with the audio
Centralized Power Supply /
Power Supply Box
also known as a power
allows surveillance system
installers to easily manage
the power to multiple CCTV
cameras at a central point
(usually at the location of the
allows your camera
installation to be neater.
• Coaxial cable, or coax, is a type of
electrical cable that has an inner
conductor surrounded by a tubular
insulating layer, surrounded by a
tubular conducting shield.
• Many coaxial cables also have an
insulating outer sheath or jacket.
• Used to transmit signal from the
camera to the DVR.
• In the data world, siamese cable stands for
a cable that is built to include both video
and power. In contrast to Power over
Ethernet (PoE), the power is attached to
the side of the data cable. PoE makes use
of wires intended for data to transfer
• Alternatively referred to as
an Ethernet cable, a CAT5or
Category 5 is a description of
network cabling that consists
of four twisted pairs of
copper wire which can be
used to transmit signal from
security camera to the DVR.
Connectors • The BNC (Bayonet Neill–
Concelman) connector is a miniature quick
frequency connector used for coaxial cable.
• It features two bayonet lugs on the
female connector; mating is fully achieved with
a quarter turn of the coupling nut.
• Also known as BNC to BNC connector
• Used to connect to coaxial cables
BNC to RCA Connector
• BNC to RCA connectors are
used with miniature-to-
subminiature coaxial cable in
radio, television, security
camera microphones and
electronic equipment, test
instruments, and video signals.
Power Supply Splitter Cable
Allows multiple devices to be connected to a single power supply.
•Used to connect terminal
from the power supply to
• Is an electronic device
used to capture audio
which is send to the
DVR together with the
captured video of the
• Stands for "High-Definition Multimedia
• It is a digital interface for transmitting
audio and video data in a single cable.
• a proprietary audio/video interface for
transmitting uncompressed video data
and compressed or uncompressed digital
audio data from an HDMI-compliant
source device such as Digital Video
Recorder to a compatible computer
• A Video Graphics Array (VGA)
connector is a three-row 15-pin
DE-15 connector. The 15-
pin video cards, computer
monitors, laptop computers,
high definition television sets.
•Plugged-in to the DVR port
which is used to connect CCTV
system to the internet system.
Parece que tem um bloqueador de anúncios ativo. Ao listar o SlideShare no seu bloqueador de anúncios, está a apoiar a nossa comunidade de criadores de conteúdo.
Atualizámos a nossa política de privacidade.
Atualizámos a nossa política de privacidade de modo a estarmos em conformidade com os regulamentos de privacidade em constante mutação a nível mundial e para lhe fornecer uma visão sobre as formas limitadas de utilização dos seus dados.
Pode ler os detalhes abaixo. Ao aceitar, está a concordar com a política de privacidade atualizada.