O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
MB Background 2007 LSE decided to move from WebCT to Moodle as its VLE. This was after a pilot testing period where some courses were tested in a new release of WebCt & some in Moodle-Moodle being the clear winner! Some debate as to whether LSE should rename ‘Moodle’ Currently Masters courses have already made the transition to Moodle with undergraduate courses scheduled to migrate in Summer 2008. The Library had developed an Information Literacy course – Information literacy online within WebCT in 2004/5 which had been available to all LSE students. With the migration to Moodle, the Library was keen move the Information literacy/skills materials to Moodle. A small group of liaison librarians & CLT librarian got to together and were trained on using Moodle and examined the material that had been on WebCT. The new course was launched in October 2007 under the name MILO. Staff received training from learning technologists in our CLT. Moodle is much easier to use than WebCT and can be picked up quickly. However you can have different team members contributing to their strengths e.g. some working on content, others uploading & arranging the material
Moodle at LSE Library: bringing information literacy to the students' desktop. Bell & Macrae-Gibson
Using Moodle at LSE to provide
information skills to users
Library, London School of Economics
• Branding & What’s in a name?
• Moodle vs WebCT
• Staff training & input
• MILO Live
• LSE chooses Moodle as its VLE in 2007
• Course migration
• IL course already in WebCT
• Working group of 4 Library staff
• Moodle training by LSE Centre for Learning
• Different group members contribute to their
• LSE colours & template
• No separate Library template
• Library Sticky block
• User testing & ‘Friendly’ academic
• Why MILO?
• Does it stand for anything?
Moodle vs WebCT
• Courses transferred from WebCT to Moodle
• Different approach required
• No long index of separate webpages
• More user friendly-for Librarians & students
• Students see course as just part of Moodle
• Don’t need to register
• Easier to direct users to
• Use material you already have
• Some sections getting very long
• Decide to move the Top tips database
section into a block
• Advanced pages: SuperMilo!
• Subject pages
• More interactive
• Staff manuals moving from
WebCT to Moodle
• Guest access available
• Username: miloguest
• Password: infolit
• Valid until the end of April
• Choose Library
• Maria Bell
• Rowena Macrae-Gibson