O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
Facebook pages - Timeline template key changes and actions for brands
Webling InteractiveA Successful Online PartnershipNew Facebook Timeline for pages
New Facebook Timeline for pages - introduction • From March 31, 2012 all Facebook pages will convert over to the new Timeline format • The new layout features a cover photo and larger stories presented chronologically, similar to Timeline for personal profiles. • This presentation reviews the key changes and provides a recommended actions for Brands
1. Cover Photo • Key visual header for all pages • Size of 851×315 • Cover photos cannot include price or purchase information, contact info, calls to action or references to Facebook features such as Like or Share. • Profile pictures are now cropped to a square (180x180) Actions: •Design a cover photo that visually expresses the content of the page. •Plan to update the cover photo at least once / month •Update profile picture to fit with the new dimensions
2. Featured Navigation options Default landing page • Page owners have lost the ability to specify a landing page – making landing pages and fangates redundant. • Apps are still allowed, but they can no longer sit behind a “like” gate. Facebook Tabs have been relocated to appear under the Cover Photo. 4 featured positions can be used as TAB’s or APP’s or Views (Photos, Notes etc) These navigational elements require images of (111 x 74 pixels) Actions: •Decide what are the 4 most useful navigation elements for your page & update to reflect these as the feature navigation elements •Update or create images for all Tabs, Apps or Views listed. (111 x 74 pixels) •Remove TAB’s that are no longer used
3. Content & Wall posts – Pinned & highlights Pinned Post • Acts like a “Sticky post” and allows the ability to anchor the most important story to the top of your Page for up to seven days. Highlight & Hide • Highlight engaging content with a STAR, and hide content that isn’t engaging Actions: •Create a Pinned post for the top of your page
3. Content & Wall posts - Milestones Milestones • Set milestones to define your key moments over time. E.g June 2010 you might have reached 5,000 fans Timeline • Because content is displayed in timeline as per entered date, care needs to be taken about the possible impact of posting wall content out of sequence Actions: •Review timeline and add Milestone posts to improve the historical record of your page
4. App development No Like Gate • Facebook applications can no longer go via the like gate (because like gates are not part of the new template) 810 width • Apps can now take 810 pixels wide which will enhance the engagement with fans. Actions: • Future apps should be developed to 810 pixels wide • More thinking needs to be given to attracting “Likes” without the like gate
5. New Admin Panel • Facebook has improved the administration function to help manage the audience engagement
5.1 Messaging fans • Page administrators can now send messages to fans from the Admin panel. (previously it wasn’t possible to send messages to fans with certain privacy settings) • This means you can engage fans without having to post public messages to the wall. Actions: • Start using this immediately if you have requirements to content fans
5.2. Activity log • Facebook has provided a new feature to help administrators view a log of what has been posted. This is especially useful where pages have multiple administrators. • View all your Page posts from the activity log, even the ones you’ve chosen to hide. Use the drop-down menu to filter your stories by type or by year. You can also star, hide, delete stories and change the date of a post so that it appears on your Page timeline with a more accurate time stamp. Actions: • View your Page timeline and sense check what is shown • Use the Activity log to hide posts
5.3. Extended insights • Facebook has promoted the list of your friends who are engaging with the page you are on Actions: • Incorporate the extended insights in periodic reporting / reviews
More Information • Facebook have their own “Interactive Course” here http://www.learnfacebookpages.com/ • email@example.com