O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
O slideshow foi denunciado.
Desbloqueou transferências ilimitadas no SlideShare!
Production quality and cost
Live vs Taped
Scripted vs Interactive
Professional vs User Generated (UGC)
Length (short form vs long form)
“Second screen experience”
Video quality vs Bandwidth and Data plans
Context of use
Search and discovery
Impact on mood and emotional state
Single player vs multi player
• Tell me what’s happening in the world
• I’m bored, entertain me
– How is my favorite team/celebrity/
hobby is doing?
– Tell me a story that matter to how I
live my life
• Teach me something new
• Answer my questions about my world
– Let me interact and search for data
• Impress my friends with my Identity
– Show me something I want to share with my friends
– Make me feel, laugh, cry, etc…
– Make them feel that same feeling
• Tell me a story that I can use as a
“postcard” to evoke “I am thinking of you”
to form closer relationships
Data Science to understand
engagement with video
Analyzing Trafﬁc patterns
• Playback quartile analysis
• Time of date/week/events
• Social network analysis
• how a video travels through the social graph
• Fans and ampliﬁers
• Episodic series and binge watching behavior
• Live real time viewers and participants
• Content analysis and data mining
“Personas have goals”
“Goals are achieved through scenarios”
“Scenarios break down to tasks”
“Tasks can be written as user stories”
– jason hirschhorn @MediaREDEF
It's not shocking, but still a big "wow" when I
see new video platforms emerge and
completely own youth and yet the older media
companies just watch as most made no moves
on distribution or technology. New platforms.
New channels. New talent. YOUTUBE,
PERISCOPE, MEERKAT. You name it. Old
media asleep at the future wheel thinking all
the minutes are going to stay on TV or TV
Fusion on Instagram
• Story title
• How you got to it?
• Where were you?
• How far into the video you watched?
• How did you feel afterwards?
• Did you do anything with the video?
• e.g. tell friends? post on your proﬁle?
• Will you watch videos from producer again?
Keep a diary!
log each time you watch a news video
Bring your diary to next week’s workshop!
we will analyze this data to “reinvent” video journalism for mobile
What consumers want
is not always
What producers want