1. Impact of Human Activities on the Natural Environment Presented by Dr. B. Victor
4. Environment Environment Abiotic environment Sun light,soil,air,water Biotic environment Microorganisms,plants,animals
8. The quality of Human life is directly related to the quality of Environment. A healthy environment is essential to human survival. Water, air and soil pollution causes 40 per cent of deaths of the world.
42. Impact of Industrialization I N D U S T R Y Chemical inputs (raw materials Power inputs ( gas, oil, coal) Other inputs (water) Air Pollution Water Pollution Land Pollution The products Gaseous effluent Liquid effluent Solid Waste
43. Small Population and Little Technology - Society has low impact on Environment Society Deplete Pollute Environment Traditional Economics Resources/ Raw materials Environmental pollutants
44. Large Population and Increased Technology - Society has great impact on Environment Society Deplete Pollute Environment Environmental Economics Resources/ Raw materials Environmental pollutants
63. Pollution : A silent Killer People are exposed to harmful Pollutants in the air they breathe , the liquids they drink, the food they eat, the surface they touch, and the products they use. When the environment can not process the load of pollutants , pollution takes place . Every environmental system has a carrying capacity .
92. Health impacts of water pollution Water related Diseases Water – borne infections -typhoid, cholera, hepatitis Water – washed infections scabies , conjunctivitis, diarrhea Water – based infections Schistosomiasis,guinea worm Water – related insect vectors Yellow fever, sleeping sickness Defective sanitation -Hook worm
96. Threats to Biodiversity Threats to Biodiversity Habitat loss and destruction Alterations in ecosystem composition Introduction of exotic species Over-exploitation pollution and contamination Global climate change