O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
Positioning Strategies<br />By.<br /> Darrel Jeevan P D’Souza<br />
A product can be positioned based on 2 main platforms<br />1. The Consumer 2. The Competitor<br />When the positioning is on the basis of CONSUMER, the campaigns and messages are always targeted to the consumer himself.<br /> When its based on Competition these campaigns are targeted towards competing with other players in the market. <br />
Types of Positioning Strategies<br />By Product Attributes and Benefits. <br />By Price and Quality<br />By Use and Application<br />By product Class<br />By Product user<br />By Competitor<br />By Cultural Symbols<br />
1. By Product Attributes and Benefits<br />Strategy consists in associating an object with a product characteristic or customer benefit.<br />Examples……<br />Positioned on its durability and style for its cycle.<br />
2. By Price and Quality<br />Certain product categories where high price is automatically associated with quality, or where low price is often considered to be synonymous with inferior quality.<br />Example: <br />
3. By Use and Application<br />Associating the product with a specific use.<br />Example….<br />Used during cold and Flu…..<br />
4. By product Class<br />Some brands need to compete against products of similar class.<br />Example….<br />Airlines companies has to compete with other modes of transport.<br />
CD Players must compete with cassette Industry as well as with the I-pods and the latest Gadgets who serve similar purposes.<br />
5. By product user<br />Strategy of associating the product with a particular type or class of user.<br />Example….<br />AXE targets men Specifically the Youth.<br />
6. By Competitor<br />Positioning strategy consists in making consumers think that your brand is better than, or as good as the competitors<br />Example….<br />Nimbooz….. EkdumAsli Indian<br />EkdumGharJaisa<br />
7. By cultural symbols <br />Positioning strategy consist in identifying something that is very meaningful to people.<br />Example….<br /> Maharajah of Air India has become a world figure<br />It lays Emphasis on the royal Indian Comfort <br />