• According to the GLOBAL WEALTH MIGRATION
REVIEW, 23000 Indian Millionaires had left the
• 5000 millionaires or 2% of the total number of high
net-worth individuals left the country in 2020 alone.
• More than 1million Indian students are studying
• ‘At 18 million , India has the world’s largest diaspora
population.’ THE ECONOMIC TIMES|NRI.
• UAE-3.5 MILLION
• USA-2.7 MILLION
• SAUDI ARABIA-
• Followed by many
other countries like
KUWAIT, OMAN,UK, etc.
• 75% of current 1st generation Indian-American
immigrated to US since 1990s
• Despite making only 1% of the population, they
comprise of 8% of the founders of HIGH-TECH
• Average Indian-American’s median annual household
income is $1,00,000 , which is a way above any other
immigrant group in the US.
• IN 2018, The revenue of
7 companies with
was more than $360
billion which is greater
than the GDP of 34
REASON OF BRAIN DRAIN
• WAGE GAP
• QUALITY OF HIGHER
• NO VALUE OF TALENT
• LACK OF RESEARCH &
• Loss of Tax Revenue
• Loss of Potential Future Entreprenurs
• A shortage of important skilled
• Loss of Innovative ideas
• The exodus may lead to loss of
confidence in the economy, which
will cause persons to desire to leave
rather than stay.