1. Activity: Using Your Campus Website and College Catalog
NAME: Vanessa Madriz SLS 1001 Ref. #423849
Instructor: Leith Mazzochi
PART 1: Campus Website
Complete the following:
1. List three items you can find on the campus homepage:
1. __Financial Aide guide
2. Future student guidance
3. __How to apply to BCC_
2. Locate the following information from your academic calendar:
1. When is the last day to withdraw from courses? ___ March 20th
2. What holidays occur this term? _Martin Luther King Day
3. What is the last day of classes? __April 20th
4. When do finals begin? End? ___April 20th
2. 3. List three items you could find on campus library page:
1. ________LRC help
2. ______Tutoring guide
3. ______hours of operation
Does the library have an online catalog that you can use to see if a particular book is in the library?
4. Find the list of degree or certification programs. List three that interest you.
2. ____Sonograph technician
3. _Medical Assistance
5. Find the calendar of campus events. List one event that you would like to attend and its date/time.
___Earth day celebration April 19th
6. Find the student handbook. List three topics within it.
3. 1. ___Campus Directories
2. _Student Rights and Responsibilites
3. __Academic Policies
7. Find a list of student organizations. List one that you would be interested in joining.
8. Find information on financial assistance. Identify one type of financial assistance on your campus.
9. Find information about any other campus office or service that interests you. List the office or service
and describe why it interests you.
PART 2: College Catalog
Use your college print or online catalog to complete the following.
1. Find and record information about two scholarships/loans for which you might be eligible.
Federal Student Loans
4. Federal student loans are also part of a student’s financial aid package. _Florida Bright Futures
Florida Bright Futures scholarships reward Florida high school students with high academic achievement
2. Find the curriculum in which you plan to major.
a. Compare/contrast courses suggested for your first term with those suggested for your final term.
How do you account for similarities/differences?
______Mat is the first course and sono is the final I believe it similar because both takes time and
dedication but the difference is one I get to actually work with a machine while the other I use a paper
and my brain to
b. Examine the curriculum carefully. Locate two courses in your major area and read their descriptions.
Which will you find more enjoyable? Why?
_________________________One course is the someone and sono 2 course because I know it deals
with more hand on work where I actually get to play with the ultra sound
c. Read the description for each of the courses in which you are now enrolled. How do the descriptions
compare to the actual content of the course? What conclusion(s) might you draw about the courses and
descriptions you identified in b?
5. _The description is pretty much exactly what was told the only difference is dealing with the professor in
which my cases is pretty smooth and
3. Using your college catalog glossary or other campus resource, define each of the following terms in your
Academic calendar: ______A calander in which it guides you in upcoming test, with draw dates, and
Drop: __________Not attending class and you professor takes you out of the
Withdrawal: ____you get to with draw your self half way thru the course if you feel you wont
Residency: ______Being a florida
Elective: __________Basket ball, Art, swimming, and type of fun
Syllabus: A guideline on what the course expects from
Transcript:_A paper stating what high school you previous went to or even college with grades
6. Prerequisites: __Classes you have to take before you actually start you real courses
Transfer credit: _____credits from one school to
Credit hour: __time spent in a
7. Activity: Identifying Campus Resources
Now that you have completed the Scavenger Hunt of what’s on your campus. Go to each of the following
locations on your campus and find out what it offers in order to answer the following questions:
1. College Bookstore. Other than textbooks, what does the bookstore sell?
Utensils, snacks ,Bcc book bags and key chains and sweat shirts.
2. Library. Other than books for checkout, what other materials and/or services are available at your library?
Tutoring, and computer use,
3. Career Services. What resources are available at your campus career services office?
8. A guidance of different career types, it pay, and its hiring rate
4. Learning Resource Center. What resources are available at your campus learning resource center?
Computer use and different types of tutoring and guidance.
5. Student Life. What resources are available at your student life center?
_________Different types of on campus and off campus activities and sports and even volunteer programs.
6. Campus Safety/Security. What resources are available at your campus safety/security office?
Knowing what to do in case of an emergency and where to locate a telephone for emergency help.
7. Academic Advising. What resources are available at your campus academic advising office?
__Knowing information about you grades and you academic standing and what is the next step as far as you
8. Registration. What resources are available at your campus Registration office?
Knowing how to apply for financial aid getting loans and what to do as far as being a student at BCC
9. Dean of Student Affairs. What resources are available at your campus Dean of Student Affairs office?
___Getting to know about the school and who to talk to incase of a serious