O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
YouTeam is an innovation lab and a
professional startup consultancy run
by startup founders.
We utilise agile development
and lean methodology.
More than anything, we rely on great
people and collaboration.
CUSTOMER DEVELOPMENT IS
A FOUR-STEP FRAMEWORK:
IS A FRAMEWORK FOR:
1. Discovering and validating the right market for your idea
2. Building the right product features that solve customers’
3. Testing the correct model and tactics for acquiring and
converting customers, and deploying the right
organisation and resources to scale the business
At a high level, Customer Development is about
questioning your core business assumptions.
WHAT HAPPENS IF WE SKIP
(click below for Boo.com Case Study)
STEP 1 of CUSTOMER DEVELOPMENT
IS ‘CUSTOMER DISCOVERY’
The goal of Customer Discovery
is just what the name implies:
• Finding out who the customers for your product are
and whether the problem you believe you are solving
is important to them.
• Discovering whether the problem, product and
customer hypotheses in your business plan are
To do this, you need to leave guesswork behind and get “outside
the building” in order to learn what the high-value customer
problems are, what it is about your product that solves these
problems, and who specifically are your customers and users.
Insanely Great Idea
Create (or modify)
I belive [type of people]
experience [type of problem]
when doing [type of task].
Find people Did you find
CUSTOMER DEVELOPMENT PROCESS
6. Conduct interview with relevant
questions for this stage of customer
2. Develop a list of the 3 –
10 most important questions
3. Develop engagement
materials for the Customer
5. Configure User Experience
1. Brainstorm Customer
and Market Based Risks
8. Customer Development
4. Recruit Users from the
Initial Target Audience
7. Iterate Question Set
as more is learnt
The first step of Customer Development, often
referred to as Customer Discovery, can be
undertaken in parallel to:
• UX Wireframe refinement
• UI Development
• MVP Map / Scope Refinement
• Other forms of Prototyping
MAIN OUTCOMES OF
• Clarifying how the Problem relates to the
• Reduced resource utilisation on later steps
by minimising abortive works associated by
misunderstanding the market
• Significantly accelerating the learning
process on the path to commercialisation
• Ability to discover customer and market
risks and de-risk the business model
• Creation of Customer Representative Group