3.364 visualizações

Publicada em

1 comentário
1 gostou
Sem downloads
Visualizações totais
No SlideShare
A partir de incorporações
Número de incorporações
Incorporações 0
Nenhuma incorporação

Nenhuma nota no slide


  1. 1. Terkmenistan By: Emma & Baylie
  2. 2. Map <ul><li>Turkmenistan is located in Central Asia. </li></ul><ul><li>Turkmenistan is Bordered by Afghanistan Kazakhstan and Iran. </li></ul>
  3. 3. Flag The Turkmenistan flag has a picture of 5 carpets going down the side of it. They all stand for the 5 five main tribes, and the green in the back is meant to be the fields in Turkmenistan. The flag was founded on December 12 th 1995. The red and blue flag is the old flag of Turkmenistan.
  4. 4. <ul><li>In Turkmenistan there have been many artifacts found that are believed to be up to 8000 years old </li></ul>History As you can see in the picture Turkmenistan looks far from what Canada looks like. Some of those buildings have been there for a long time and will be there for a long time to come. Turkmenistan was once part of the ancient Persian Empire
  5. 5. <ul><li>There culture is very unique and different from all countries in Asia </li></ul><ul><li>In Turkmenistan your brothers daughter would be called your sister. </li></ul><ul><li>Turkmen people are famous for the rugs they make called Gillams. </li></ul>Culture In the picture you see a traditional Gillam.
  6. 6. Culture The picture shows a man wearing a traditional Turkmen attire, and a traditional hat. Traditionally Turkmen were a large black hat that resembles an afro. men wear high, shaggy sheepskin hats and red robes over white shirts. Women wear long sack-dresses over narrow trousers
  7. 7. <ul><li>5,100,000 citizens </li></ul><ul><li>Capital is Ashgabat, </li></ul><ul><li>population 695,300 </li></ul><ul><li>Main Cities ~ </li></ul><ul><li>Turkmen bat population 203,000 </li></ul><ul><li>Dashoguz population 166,500 </li></ul>POPULATION
  8. 8. <ul><li>democratic republic </li></ul><ul><li>It’s a post soviet Government </li></ul>Government
  9. 9. FOOD This dish has meat noodle and potatoes. In Turkmenistan they tend to eat a lot of potatoes and noodles with many dishes. This dish is called Pilmen. It is tortellini's and they get broiled or fried. A lot of foods in Turkmenistan are broiled or fried. Again this dish is noodles meat and carrots a very common dish in Turkmenistan.
  10. 10. <ul><li>~Main language~ Turkmen </li></ul><ul><li>~Other~ </li></ul><ul><li>Russian (12%), Uzbek (9%) </li></ul>Language
  11. 11. <ul><li>Muslim 89% </li></ul><ul><li>The other 11% no religion or Islam </li></ul>Religion
  12. 12. <ul><li>Manly continental, </li></ul><ul><li>12oC-17oC in the north to 15oC-18oC in the south-east. </li></ul><ul><li>The coolest month is January temperature from - 6oC in the northeast to + 4oC in the south-east </li></ul><ul><li>the hottest month is July 27-30oC </li></ul>CLIMATE
  13. 13. <ul><li>They speak different </li></ul><ul><li>languages </li></ul>Comparisons to Canada.