Amazon, a bookstore in Seattle, deploys
code to production every 11 seconds…
–Werner Vogels, CTO Amazon
“The traditional model is that you take your software to the wall
that separates development and operations, and throw it over
and then forget about it. Not at Amazon. You build it, you run it.
This brings developers into contact with the day-to-day
operation of their software. It also brings them into day-to-day
contact with the customer. This customer feedback loop is
essential for improving the quality of the service.”
everybody looks at Amazon and rushes to copy features
but the features are superﬁcial
the Amazon advantage is the process and culture
Software in the beginning
• shipped on physical media
• hard to change after release
• runs on other peoples computers
• have to worry about bugs
• process doesn’t run very long
• no worries about uptime
• have a good idea!
• request a server
• get a purchase order from supervisor
• server arrives
• server gets power and network
• server gets operating system
• start to conﬁgure for deploy
The System Admin
• keeps systems running
• don’t care about your application
• not paid to care
• other people waiting for their servers
• might have to worry about many
• and email
• and printers
The shift to services
• the internet changes everything
• runs on other your computers
• can change your computers
• still have to worry about bugs
• process run a long time
• uptime is everything
Adrian Cockroft - ex-Netﬂix
What I learned from my time at Netﬂix.
• Speed wins in the marketplace
• Remove friction from product development
• High trust, low process, no hand-offs between teams
• Freedom and responsibility culture
• Don’t do your own undifferentiated heavy lifting
• use simple patterns automated by tooling
• self service cloud makes impossible things instant
But we are an enterprise, we do not have the
talent to do this.
“But Netﬂix has a superstar development team,
“Netﬂix hired them from you,
and got out of their way.”
Parece que tem um bloqueador de anúncios ativo. Ao listar o SlideShare no seu bloqueador de anúncios, está a apoiar a nossa comunidade de criadores de conteúdo.
Atualizámos a nossa política de privacidade.
Atualizámos a nossa política de privacidade de modo a estarmos em conformidade com os regulamentos de privacidade em constante mutação a nível mundial e para lhe fornecer uma visão sobre as formas limitadas de utilização dos seus dados.
Pode ler os detalhes abaixo. Ao aceitar, está a concordar com a política de privacidade atualizada.