• Who is the client?
• What is the name of the campaign?
• What is the purpose of the company?
• What do they want from you?
• What issues do you have to consider with regards to your client?
• Target Audience
• Who is the target audience? Include demographics and social grade, possibly psychographics
• How do you know who the target audience is? Use the brief and your research to support your opinion.
• Are there any issues you must consider for your target audience? Such as what does your demographic face, what journeys do they take
metaphorically and in their day-to-day life?
• 1. Create a mind map about Journeys (both metaphorical and physical). Create a Pinterest Board or visual mind map to inspire your work on Journeys.
• 2. Can you find any written articles about ‘Journeys’ for your demographic? It could be a celebrity, person of interest or news article. How could this
be documented in a series of images of short film.
• 3. What have you learned from this research? How does it help you with your ideas for your production?
• The client is canon cameras
• The name of the campaign is journey
• The purpose the company is to inspire people to take pictures when they
• they would like pictures that suggest traveling and journey
• The target age for the product is 15–25-year old’s, this is because people
of this age range are more likely to travel and take more journeys than
people who are older. For example, people of this age range could consider
to be on a metaphorical journey as well as a physical journey as this could
be one of the most impactful moments of their life as a lot of things could
5. Existing products key questions
• Some codes and conventions of a print advertisement could be the
main image, the headline, the logo of the company the advertisement
is for and sometimes a slogan is used.
• This advertisement includes the
kfc logo and it includes a slogan.
This advert also includes red
which many associate with kfc.
This advert includes the colour
yellow which is associated with the
brand. The image of product is also
placed in the centre to draw
attention to the product.
6. Comparing adverts
This advert is targeted
more for younger people
of the age range of 16-
24 we can tell this
because of the colours
used and the people in
This advert is
people who are
older and are
7. Comparing adverts
This advert is advertised
for people who use
adverts professionally as
it is showing off what the
camera can do. We can
tell that this is aimed at
people who use cameras
more professionally as it
does not have any bright
colours to help draw
people into the advert.
This advert is targeted
more for people who
are doing photography
as a hobby this could
suggest that these
cameras are targeted at
a younger age ranger
compared to the other
camera. This products
age range could be 18-
9. Target audience
• The target age for the product is 15–25-year old’s, this is
because people of this age range are more likely to travel and take
more journeys than people who are older. For example, people of this
age range could consider to be on a metaphorical journey as well as a
physical journey as this could be one of the most impactful moments
of their life as a lot of things could happen. An example of the
physical journey that people of this age range that people may be on
is a journey to school, college or work. An example of the
metaphorical journey that they are on could be the journey through
life as a lot of milestones are achieved in this age range.
10. Why is a print advert a good idea for this
campaign ? / research of previous adverts
• A print advert is a good idea for a campaign as it is helps shows your
campaign. It can also be shared with people as it is can be shown in
• Looking at different print adverts shows me that they all include the
logo of the company they are representing. They also have the main
theme of the advert in the centre of the image and most adverts use
bright colours as this attracts people to the advert.
11. Codes and conventions
• The majority of print adverts use bright colours in their advert as this
attracts people to it, in my advert I am going to use images that
where took at night this will mean that the image may be darker
however shooting the advent at night means that I will be able to
show the capabilities that the camera can do
12. Plans for my print advert
• For my print advert I plan to take the image outside at night this helps
show the capabilities of the camera and it means that I will also be
able to fit it into the theme of journeys.
• I am planning to photograph a bus at night time as this will portray
the theme of journeys, but I will also use bright colours so it attracts
to a younger target audience
14. what is your usp ?
• My usp is that my photo is took at night and use bright colours to
attract a younger audience, as when most people would associate
younger people taking journeys during the day.
15. Peer feedback on rational
• I got my peers to review my rational they like the ideas of using the
bright colours to attract a younger target audience. They also like how
it will be photographed at night as that will be unique.
16. Pre production
• Pre production is necessary as you can prepare for the actual
production and make sure that everything is done professional and
• For my advert I will need a camera and a tripod. I will need the canon
camera to be able to take the type of shots that I need. I will need the
tripod to be able to keep the camera stable while taking my shots
otherwise my shots will come out blurry
18. Cast list.
• I will not need any extra people for my advert as their will be no
person featured in my advert as my advert will be centred around a
vehicle to portray the theme of journeys not a person.
19. Shooting schedule
• I have planned to shoot the photos for my advert at 18:00 on the
19.1.22 by shooting at this time it will be dark and the sun will have
set this ensures that my photos will come out who I have planned.
• I am planning on shooting my advert outside opposite a bus stop. The
risk level at this location is very minor.
22. 1st draft
• This was my first draft of my advertisement one of the
critiques that I go for this advertisement was that the slogan
under the advertisement was very small and hard to read.
23. 2nd draft
• In the second draft of my advertisement, I made the slogan
bigger this meant that it was more clear and easier to read,
however it was pointed out to me that the slogan did not fit
that well with the theme of journeys.
24. Final advert
• This is my final draft I made the text a clear font and I made
the text relatable to the theme of journeys.
26. Initial research
• For my initial research I found out about the client which is canon, I
found out that they are a company that makes cameras. This meant
that when I was planning on making my advert I would make try and
have the same target audience as canon cameras when I was
researching about canon I found out that their target audience is
between 16-50 however they advertise their cameras different ways
depending on the age. I decided I would target my advert for my print
advert was 16-20 this was the most popular age that came up when I
done a survey to find out who my target audience would be. This age
category also travels the most to school and college which ai could
incorporate into the theme of journeys.
27. Pre production
• For my pre production I started by planning what type of photos I
would like to use for my advert. I made a flat plan of my advert of
what type of shots I was going to take. I then decided when and
where I was going to take my picture, I decided on taking my pictures
at night outside of a bus stop so that I would be able to photograph a
lot of cars and buses for the ad so that it fits thew themes of
journeys. I also made a resources list of things that I would need to
make my print advert.
• For production I got the shots for my advert on the night of the
19.1.22 at 6pm I done this because it ensured that it would be dark. I
had my cameras shutter speed set to 1/25 so that my photos would
have the desired blurred affect that I was going for. This is also the
reason why I needed a tripod to keep the camera steady.
29. Post production
• For my post production I began by looking through all of my images I
selected the best images and I made a contact sheet that considered
or these images, I then narrowed it down further and selected what
images I wanted to try and edit. While editing I used the gradient tool
to make the colours on my image I then made them colours blue and
green. I also used the erases tool to take away the colour of the bus
so that it stayed it original colour.