Seja a primeira pessoa a gostar disto
MAKING INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS WORK: OUTLINE
Commercial success through increased cultural understanding
Diversity of thinking and respect for other peoples’ perspectives are critical virtues for the leadership of global corporations, and the successful interaction of businesspeople across cultures. Misunderstanding between team members of different nationalities, or with customers from different cultures, can cause extreme problems in business.
This course is all about success through increased cultural understanding. It is a great help to anyone who:
• Works with colleagues from a range of countries and cultural backgrounds
• Deals with clients or colleagues in a range of other countries and cultures
• Needs to solve cross-border commercial issues swiftly and effectively
It is a distillation of all the best wisdom on the topic – the best writing, the most interesting interaction models, and the most informative anecdotes.
In the morning, we cover:
• What is culture?
• How do national traits affect individual behaviour?
• How do corporate cultures do the same?
• What are the cultural characteristics of different nationalities?
• How can they be used to deal effectively other cultures?
• How can different characteristics be deployed in multi-cultural teams?
• How does all this affect approaches to communication, decision-making, meeting etiquette, negotiation styles, scheduling, and trust?
In the afternoon, we address the specific issues of the attendees.
• In a team with multiple cultures, we examine what they all are, and explain the worldviews of all the nationalities present. Poignant examples lead to greater realization of the attitudes of others.
• Where attendees regularly deal with other cultures, we examine their characteristics to create greater understanding and increase the likelihood of harmonious business relations.
• All of this is applied to group work on the multi-cultural team or on specific clients.
To achieve this, I need a full rundown on the cultural backgrounds of all the attendees (and/or their clients) in advance, so that I can prepare the correct blend of tailor-made examples to match their specific needs.
Kevin Duncan has travelled to over 70 countries, and worked with people from dozens of different nationalities.