O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
What is physical activity?
Physical activity simply means movement
of the body that uses energy. You can
choose moderate or vigorous intensity
activities, or a mix of both each week.
Physical activity is any body movement
that works your muscles and requires
more energy than resting. Walking,
running, dancing, swimming, yoga, and
gardening are a few examples of
Why is physical activity
Physical activity and nutrition work
together for better health. Being active
increases the amount of calories burned.
As people age their metabolism slows, so
maintaining energy balance requires
moving more and eating less.
Being physically active can
• Increase your chances of living longer
• Feel better about yourself
• Decrease your chances of becoming
• Sleep well at night
• Move around more easily
• Have stronger muscles and bones
• Stay at or get to a healthy weight
• Be with friends or meet new people
• Enjoy yourself and have fun
What is health and
In health and physical education, the
focus is on the well-being of the
students themselves, of other people,
and of society through learning in
health-related and movement
Health is a state of complete
physical, mental and social
well-being and not merely the
absence of disease or infirmity.
The term "physical activity" should not
be mistaken with "exercise". Exercise, is
a subcategory of physical activity that is
planned, structured, repetitive, and
purposeful in the sense that the
improvement or maintenance of one or
more components of physical fitness is
Strength after doing
Resistance training (also called strength
training or weight training) is the use of
resistance to muscular contraction to build
the strength, anaerobic endurance and
size of skeletal muscles.
1. Promote healthy eating in your home.
2. As a family, remind yourselves of the
3. Be aware of serving size.
4. Make a distinction between ‘everyday’
and ‘sometimes’ foods.
5. Establish healthy eating routines.
6. Praise children when they choose healthy
7. Make physical activity part of everyday
8. Enjoy physical activity as a family.
9. Give children – older children
especially – opportunities to try different
sports and ways to be active.
10. Limit the time your child spends on
11. Encourage your child to value his body
for what it can do, rather than how it
12. Set a good example.