O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
Stepping Stones: Enhancing the
quality of primary education
Sreenidhi institute of science & technology,
More Indian children are in school than ever before,
but the quality of schools has sunk to spectacularly
• Though the government has increased proposed spending in education sector in
Union Budget 2012–13, the quality levels are still poor.The spending has been
increased by 18%, from INR52,057 crore in 2011–12 to proposed INR61,427 crore
in 2012–13. In this Approximately 75% (INR45,969 crore) of the total spending will
go to school education and literacy.
The quality is still low.. !!!!
• Most schools are miles away and largely inaccessible
to the students
• The curriculum and teaching methodologies stand
obsolete and outdated.
• The authorities seem to have lost all sense of
responsibility and duty towards the lakhs of
• Education system does not giving us the courage to
face real life situations.
• Only focuses at gaining marks by mugging up things
and not on gaining knowledge.
• AND many more…!!
Though we also need to think of Student participation and
Student’s learning capacities.. Education quality is the main
The next thing we should take care TEACHERS :
LACK OF MOTIVATION IN TEACHERS:
• Conducting seminars and workshops.
• Providing incentives and rewards based on their performances.
• Imparting importance for psychology in their curriculum.
• Increasing of funds based on teachers performance
• Proper monitoring system should be implemented by higher
• “NO WORK NO PAY” system should be implemented.
• Pedagogy implementation
SETTING UP A EFFICIENT COMMITTEE.
• Headed by an Efficient and highly motivated officer.
• For evaluation of teacher performance.
• Inspecting the school overall performance.
• Conducting raids.
• Proper distribution of funds.
• Quick processing in granting permissions for the
infrastructural development of schools.
• Practical oriented study should be implemented.
• Equal importance for co-curricular and extra
• Update in the syllabus should be done.
• Perspection scenario towards marks should be
• Clubbing up of primary and secondary schools at one
place in order to decrease discontinuation of studies.
• Inclusion of extra curricular activity classes in daily
• Basic social awareness programs for students.
• Personality development sessions should include in
• Private schools should not be certified unless and
until they are eligible for establishing a school.
• In order to develop interest on studies hostel facility
would be a better option so that they wont get
• Recognition of low fee, budget schools should be
based more on learning outcomes than
• Increase autonomy of state schools
• Instead of having various educational boards we
should have a common board for all schools
including state language as an extra subject.
• Its better to have state language as the medium of
study than English so that they can easily explore
• ACHIEVING QUALITY EDUCATION FOR ALL…