• Time management refers to managing time
in such a way that right activity is done in a
• Effective time management allows
individual to be able to prioritize the tasks
in a specific time periods so that they can
make best use of time.
• “Time management” is the process of
organizing and planning how to divide your
time between specific activities.
• Good time management enables to work
smarter – not harder – so that you get more
done in less time, even when time is tight and
pressures are high.
• Failing to manage your time damages
your effectiveness and causes stress.
• “Time management” refers to the way
that you organize and plan how long
you spend on specific activities.
Failing to manage your time effectively can have
some very undesirable consequences:
• Missed deadlines.
• Inefficient work flow.
• Poor work quality.
• A poor professional reputation and a stalled
• Higher stress levels.
Some more tips for Professionals
• Reach office on time.
• Prepare a task plan at first.
• Manage yourself well.
• Do not disorder your desktop.
• Keep things at their proper place.
• Use a planner or organizer to plan your day well.
• Set priorities for yourself.
• Be clear about your goal and objectives.
• Avoid talking and lingering around at your workplace.
• Avoid long personal calls during office hours.
• Do include time for tea breaks, net surfing and personal
calls in your day.
Importance of Time Management
in Professional Development
• Greater productivity and efficiency.
• A better professional reputation.
• Less stress.
• Increased opportunities for advancement.
• Greater opportunities to achieve
important life and career goals.
• An individual that applies time management
techniques can improve his productivity, which allows
this person to get more work done within shorter
amounts of time.
• Time management allows us furthermore to take
control over our professional as well as personal life, as
it helps us to know what needs to be done and what
goals need to be accomplished on a daily basis.
• Effective time management can be a true advantage for
an employee as it allows him to meet deadlines of
projects without having to delay the completion of it
• Time is to the success of an employee, department
or organization, managing one’s career, and having
a roadmap in place, is just as crucial to success.
• Career success has to include a regular increase in
knowledge and skills so that the perceived value of
an employee is recognized upon evaluation.
• This professional development is achieved through
coursework, conference attendance, association
participation, degree and credential attainment,
workshops and informal learning.
Parece que tem um bloqueador de anúncios ativo. Ao listar o SlideShare no seu bloqueador de anúncios, está a apoiar a nossa comunidade de criadores de conteúdo.
Atualizámos a nossa política de privacidade.
Atualizámos a nossa política de privacidade de modo a estarmos em conformidade com os regulamentos de privacidade em constante mutação a nível mundial e para lhe fornecer uma visão sobre as formas limitadas de utilização dos seus dados.
Pode ler os detalhes abaixo. Ao aceitar, está a concordar com a política de privacidade atualizada.