O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
2008.7-Present: Staff Teacher (Course Lecturer)
School of Arts&Law
The Open University of China(OUC),Beijing,China
2014.9-Now :part time PHD candidate
in Higher Education Management,
Graduate School of Education, Peking University
2001.9-2008.7: Master& Bacherlor
in Journalism and Communication,
Renmin University of China&Northwest University(China)
Second time to GOGN seminar!
Research Topic Key Concepts Methodology
1.OER IN CHINA OER Literature
2.OUC staff teachers’
role and quality in OER
Role & quality; Questionnaire
3. Micro lesson:
research ( self-
2015’s Framework （ research topic ） :
1.Since the concept of "micro lesson" in China was firstly raised in 2011, it has
• In 2013, four national micro lesson competitions were held, which were
reported largely by local media. The related research and papers came out
accordingly. We call 2013 “the first year of the Chinese micro lesson”.
• “National universities micro-teaching competition” by Ministry of Education of
2013: more than 12,000 competitors who are all teachers in universities, more than
10,000 micro lessons
2015: more than 18,000 competitors
2. At the end of 2012, OUC started the project of “5 minutes website”. OUC
staff teachers were encouraged to create the 5 minutes micro lessons. In
2015, OUC and its each college raised the requirement.
Now, 5 minutes’ establishment seems to be OUC’s one of the core task .
Whether to establish 5 minutes has been a big issue for almost all of our
OUC staff teachers .So, I want to find out, what is micro lesson? Do we
need micro lesson ? How to establish micro lesson?
Base on the social phenomenon ,and the practical purpose of myself
and OUC, I want to study on this research object:
The relationship between micro lesson and OUC staff teacher
Pilot Study and Literature Interview
1.On the concept of micro lesson
lots of debate based on resource carrier 、 resource capacity and content.
David Penrose , 2008 , “micro-lecture”, as knowledge burst
mini lecture, micro lesson, micro course
Different concepts based on different purpose and environments in China
2.On the designing and promotion of micro lesson
3.On the application of micro lesson
4.The introduction of the “5 minutes website”
1.Micro Lesson, 5 minutes
•Base on the concept from Congkai ShanI think:
Micro lesson is open and should be free to all the public(OER). It
has clear teaching objectives and only teach one knowledge point or
solve one problem each time. The length of the lesson is from 5 to 15
In this study,
micro lesson = 5 minutes course ( the course established and used
for the 5 minutes website platform)
2. OUC Staff Teacher
1. Main visual studying resources in OUC:
• 50 mins per lesson. 9 to 18 lessons in each curriculum.
• Complicated production and long production time.
• Staff teachers(course leader) invite well-known experts (course
lecturer) to create the course.
IP Course ：
• Around 30 mins per module.
• Produced easier compared to video course.
• Staff teachers to provide supplementary by themselves.
On Line Course:
• One of the most
resources in OUC.
production and long
knowledge and tests.
2. Main Job of OUC Staff Teacher(course leader)
• Invite and work with experts(course lecture) to create studying
• A bridge between experts and post production technicians.
• Find the appropriate expressions of the studying resources.
3. Two Ways to Establish 5 min.
• pick up from the ready made visual studing resourses.
• establish the new 5min.
• Pick up:
• the OUC staff teachers who have established 5 min.
Variety of major, gender, serving years in OUC, roles
and jobs during establishing
role and job achievement
A34 literature 34
F course leader and
lecturer at the
1done and upload to
17 under establishing
B11 English 11
F course lecturer in
course leader and
lecturer in another
1 done and
to the website;
20 under establishing
M course leader and
lecturer at the
2 done, not upload;
D03 law 3
F review the picking
2.Data Collection and Analysis
• *Interview :I wrote observation notes,recorded and transfered them
into character transcription every time; classified the datas and
• Document and material collection
What is micro
lesson in OUC
How does the
2. Research Conclusions:
（ 1 ） The key of the 5 min. establishing is to pick up the appropriate
（ 2 ） the forever stab in OUC staff teachers’ heart :being
misunderstood and low valued.
（ 3 ） establish 5 min. not for money.
（ 4 ） Policy guidance from OUC leads decisive direction.
（ 5 ） Every OUC staff teacher has an open mind ！
（ 6 ） Course leader and course lecturer, same person or different persons?
（ 7 ） Pity: I don’t know the feedback
（ 8 ） Not all of them know “OER”, although they are just establishing it!
1. Research Validity
• The status quo is compared with teachers on science and engineering
,much more OUC staff teachers on literature and history are more willing to
involve in 5 min. That’s why I couldn’t find a sample from the area of science
and engineering. It’s a danger to the representativeness of my research.
• Also,as an OUC staff teacher, when I was doing research among all of my
colleagues, it is not easy to remain neutral. What’s more, because of my
identity, my colleagues didn’t express their deep thoughts more or less. So,
how to control the distance between a researcher and his samples: too far,
hard to touch the core issue; too close, hard to keep objective. Maybe, it’s
always a dilemma for qualitative researchers ,especially for novice, like me.
One of the advantages of the qualitative research is to restore the
samples, to use their language ， paralanguage and their body
language to the readers. Because of the different cultures and the
translation between two languages, It’s difficult to let you feel their
• More samples from the majors of science and engineering
• Questionnaire and Quantitative research
• Self- ethnography
• Clearify the research question: What or How
• Publish the paper
• Better English