Attributes to discuss about Good
• Making eye contact while communicating with people is important, because it shows you are listening to them
• Not swearing or shouting because it can be intimidating.
• Not chewing gum while having a conversation with them
• Not texting while speaking to some one as it will make them think you ignorant
• Always try to speak clearly and use words everyone can understand
• Make positive facial expressions
• Listening to the person you are speaking to
• Have a relaxed body languages
• Don’t speak over the people
• Do keep to the point while explaining something
Written Communication Skill
WRITING EVALUATES A PERSON’S PROFICIENCY INDICATIONS, SPELLING
ERRORS COMMITTED WHILE WRITING CIRCULARS, REPORTS & AGENDA
CONSIDERABLY SPOIL THE IMAGE OF THE WRITER
GOOD VISUAL PRESENTATION USING GRAPHICS, COLOR, BALANCED DESIGN
LAYOUT- ADDS SO MUCH TO WRITTEN COMMUNICATION.
KEEP HANDOUTS AND OTHER WRITTEN MATERIALS FOR YOUR
Non verbal language
Face is the index of the mind and it clearly displays the persons
Body language presents to the audience what we feel & think about the
Ex: Nodding one’s head
Body language (e.g, arms crossed, standing, sitting, relaxed)
Emotion of the sender & receiver (e.g, speaking clearly, enthusiastic)
Keep an open space
before your upper torso
(eg-don’t fold your arms,
hug your bags and put
thing on your laps
Be comfortable in your space
When resting on your hand keep the insides of your hand faced outward(this makes you are more open)
Presentation skills include planning, preparation & delivery of the message
Making a formal speech is one form of presentation
Presentation skills can be broadly categorized into physical oral, & electronic
Success in life depends on presenting ideas in an appropriate manners
Look at the eyes of audience & speak in a natural, conversational voice
Appropriate voice will make the presentation effective and interesting
Ask for feed back from your audience about your presentation & change accordingly
In presentation especially, stop occasionally to ask the audience understand what you
People of either gender, different age groups, qualification,
status & skills work as a team with a common objective of
accomplishing the task
The success of any organization largely depends on in the
coordinated efforts of its employees
It mainly refers to the agreeableness & co-operation among
the team members
Professional ethics is the need of the hour always
When a person is at the work spot, he must think of his
He must put his heart & soul into the work
Each employee is a organic part of the organization &
must strive to contribute his mite to the successful
functioning of the organization
• Interpersonal skills are the life skills we use every day to communicate
and interact other people, both individually and in groups.
• People who have worked on developing strong interpersonal skills are
usually more successful in both their professional and personal lives.
Attributes of Interpersonal skills
Verbal Communication - What we say and how we say it.
Non-Verbal Communication - What we communicate without words, body
language is an example.
Listening Skills - How we interpret both the verbal and non-verbal messages sent
Negotiation - Working with others to find a mutually agreeable outcome.
Manners- Basic Etiquettes
Problem Solving - Working with others to identify, define and solve problems.
Decision Making – Exploring and analysing options to make sound decisions.
Assertiveness – Communicating our values, ideas, beliefs, opinions, needs and
Time and Stress Management
Time management and stress management often are closely
related and discussed together.
Keep an activity log
Plan mini breaks
Watch what you eat and drink
• Leaders, executives & managers need to be very
clear about what they expect from others
• Trust yourself
• Keep smiling
• Share & stay together
• Always learn new things
• Accept responsibility for your self & your
• Look at problems & challenges
• Be grateful always
• Love yourself