This allowed me to
be organized on
when to film my
scenes for the film
and also allowed
me to know how
long it would take
me to film each one
of them. However
next time I could
have done it in a
little bit more detail
to make it better.
I made a personnel list so that it meant I could get in
contact easy with the people who was in my short film.
This meant that when it came to the days I had to film
it did not take ages to meet up with everyone. This was
also very successful as nobody was ever late for the
time we were shooting.
I made the required equipment list as it gave me an
idea on how much I will need to spend of equipment.
This helped me as I had time to get money ready to
buy the things that I needed for it.
I also held a meeting before we started production of the
film as I thought it would be necessary so everyone knew
what was going to happen while shooting and if we need to
use there equipment. This allowed us to make sure
everything went smoothly during filming.
Also used fake blood
during the filming so
that it made the final
scene that little bit
I used an effect to
make the title stand
out at the start of the
short film. This is
effective as I found a
font that also fits the
genre of the film.
Making it more
effective than just
having a random font.
Also I added sound effects to the short film to give it a more realistic feeling to the
viewer as without them it would be plain and boring to watch.
While we were shooting we took all the
equipment with us that we had just ensure
that there was no points were we got stuck
due to the lack of equipment. This meant it all
ran smoothly while we shot the scenes. The
tri pod came in handy while shooting shots in
the forest as it meant we could get a nice still
shot on the uneven floor. This worked very
well as it allowed for a smooth tracking shot
of the chracters.
My storyboard has all my scenes on it which I need to go film. However
I did not put them in very much detail meaning that it was hard to
follow it exactly as how it wrote it down onto paper. Forcing me to
make up some of the camera angles while shooting witch was a little
bit tricky to think which was the best to use at that given moment.
However it did give me a rough idea of what I wanted to film and how I
wanted to do it.
These tables with my camera
shots that I need to do while
filming help me to be prepared
on how I needed to film the
scenes on the day so it wasn't
rushed. This meant that there
was no confusion when it
actually came round to filming
the scenes. Overall these
worked really well so that my
scenes came out looking better
at the end.
I done this health and safety sheet so that people
could be aware of the possible dangers that are on
the set while shooting scenes for the short film.
This meant that the was a lot less chance of
someone getting hurt while shooting the scenes
for the short film. It worked well as nobody got
injured on set of any of the scenes that we shot
for the movie.
The location scouting was an important part in the pre
production for my short film as it gave me an idea of
where I was able to shoot the scenes for my film. This
meant that I found a spot down the river which had a
petrol station and a doctors just 5 mins walking
distance away from the location meaning that people
could seek help at them places if ever needed to. It
worked as one time shooting Ethan needed a drink
and was able to walk up to the petrol station to get
The music (sound effects) that I used was non copyright so it meant I was able to
use it without any hassle of getting permission to do so. This saved me a lot of
time as it meant I didn't’t have t fill out loads of paper work for it. But if I used
copyright sound effects they might have been better than the ones I used since
they did have copyright on it.