Grand College OB Final Exam, 2015
Prepared by: Dejene A Page 1
Allotted mark: 60 points
Allowed time: 2:30 hrs
Instruction: Attempt ALL Questions
1. OB is an applied behavioral science built on contributions from a number of
behavioral disciplines. Who are these disciplines? Discuss their major
contributions to the study of organizational behavior.
2. Organizational conflict refers to the condition of misunderstanding or
disagreement that is caused by the perceived or actual opposition in the needs,
interests and values among people who work together. What are the major
causes of conflicts? Discuss in detail different types of conflict in organization.
3. Intellectual and physical abilities are considered valuable attributes in potential
employees as they are likely to be quicker to adopt expected organizational
behavior. Discuss in detail the Intellectual and physical abilities.
4. A group can be defined as two or more interacting and interdependent
individuals who come together to achieve particular objectives. A group behavior
can be stated as a course of action a group takes as a family. Thus, each group
has properties? Describe in detail the group properties
5. Define personality and discuss the “Big Five” personality traits
6. What are values? What is the difference between terminal and instrumental
values, explain with examples?
7. Organization communication is a means of transmitting message between two
parties and considered as a process. Describe the communication process in
8. What is power? Discuss in detail the sources of power with examples.