CONTINUOUS DYEING MACHINE
Prepared by: Danish Raja
Mehran university of engineering and
technology (m.u.e.t) jamshoro
• What is dyeing?
• What is continuous dyeing process?
• Types of continuous dyeing machine?
• Manufacturers of continuous dyeing machine?
What is dyeing
• Dyeing is the process of imparting
colors to a textile material.
• Dyeing can be done at any stage of
the manufacturing of textile- fiber,
yarn, fabric or a finished textile
product including garments and
• The property of color fastness
depends upon two factors- selection
of proper dye according to the textile
material to be dyed and selection of
the method for dyeing the fiber, yarn
Continuous dyeing process
• Continuous dyeing has been found to be
most suitable for woven fabrics.
• The textile substrates are feeded
continuously into a dye range.
• A Continuous dyeing process typically
consists of dye application, dye fixation with
heat or chemicals and finally washing.
TYPES OF CONTINUOUS DYEING
There are mainly three types:
1-PAD STEAM PROCESS
• This technique is mainly used for dyeing. It is particularly
suitable for the application of direct, vat, sulphur and
• It includes the following steps:
Impregnation by padding
Steaming (at about 100 °C)
Additional impregnation of the fabric with developing
agents (e.g. reducing agents in vat or sulphur dyeing)
Washing and rinsing.
1-PAD STEAM PROCESS
• In this process, the fabric is
padded with the dye solution
• Then fabric is passed through
• After chamber the fabric is
padded with chemical
• Then the fabric is passed
through a chamber at 102 ̊C for
30 sec. Then fabric is washed in
open width washer.
2-PAD DRY PROCESS
• Fabric is first padded in a padder with reactive dye in
presence of an alkali.
• 2-Padded fabric is then passed through a squeezing
roller into a dryer. As a dryer cylinder, stenter etc may
be used. During drying due to higher temperature
fixation of dye in fibre increases and at the same time
water is removed by evaporation.
• 3-After drying fabric is washed in a washing machine
to remove unfixed dye.
• Thermosol method is continuous method of
dyeing with disperse dye.
• Here dyeing is performed at high temperature
like 180-220°C in a close vessel.
• Here time of dyeing should be maintained
very carefully to get required shade and to
retain required fabric strength.
1- At first the fabric is padded with dye solution using recipe in a
three bowl padding mangle.
2- Then the fabric is dried at 100°C temperature in dryer.
3- For dyeing, infra red drying method is an ideal method by which
water is evaporated from fabric in vapor form. This eliminates the
migration of dye particles.
4-Then the fabric is passed through thermasol unit where thermo
fixing is done at about 220°C temprature for 60-90 seconds
depending on type of fibre, dye and depth of shade.
5- In thermasol process about 75-90% dye is fixed on fabric.After
thermo fixing the unfixed dyes are washed off along with
thickener and other chemicals by warm water.
6- Then soap wash or reduction cleaning is done if required.
• Followings are the manufacturers of the
continuous dyeing machine.
Shanghai Singularity machines;
• The continuous dyeing machine can easily dye
any textile matirial with a high speed.
• Its speed can vary between 50 to 250 meters per
• According to Industry estimates Continuous
dyeing is a popular dyeing method and 60%
textile matirials are dyed.
Parece que tem um bloqueador de anúncios ativo. Ao listar o SlideShare no seu bloqueador de anúncios, está a apoiar a nossa comunidade de criadores de conteúdo.
Atualizámos a nossa política de privacidade.
Atualizámos a nossa política de privacidade de modo a estarmos em conformidade com os regulamentos de privacidade em constante mutação a nível mundial e para lhe fornecer uma visão sobre as formas limitadas de utilização dos seus dados.
Pode ler os detalhes abaixo. Ao aceitar, está a concordar com a política de privacidade atualizada.