O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
Disclaimer: This presentation is prepared by trainees of
baabtra as a part of mentoring program. This is not official
document of baabtra –Mentoring Partner
Baabtra-Mentoring Partner is the mentoring division of baabte System Technologies Pvt . Ltd
Memory & Storage
• Terms which are commonly used alternatively.
• Memory refers to the physical devices used to
store programs on a temporary or permanent
basis for use in a computer.
• Storage refers to the a technology consisting
of computer components and recording media
used to retain digital data.
• Also known as Primary Memory,Main Memory
• The only one directly accessible to CPU
• Continuous interaction with CPU
• Any data actively operated is stored in internal
• Contains RAM, ROM, Processer Registers
RAM (Random Access Memory)
• Store the currently processing details data etc
• Allow data to be written and read in a rough
• System speed and performance is dependent
• Mainly two types DRAM & SRAM
ROM(Read Only Memory)
• Non Volatile
• Contains startup program (BIOS) of system
• Helps in System Booting
• Mostly programmed at the time of
• Also have different types
• Processor registers
• Inside processor ,32-64 bit
• Fastest of all the class of memory
• Processor cache
• Intermediate between registers and Main
• Fast & Small size
• Also known as Secondary storage , auxiliary
• Indirectly accessed by CPU
• Input/output channel are used
• Keep data for long run & future analysis
• Less Expensive
• Hard drive, Optical storage, Flash memory,
Magnetic Tapes, Ram disks etc
• Storage device is a device
for recording (storing) information (data).
Recording can be done using virtually any
form of energy.
• Function is same only the mode of working
• Volatile and Non volatile
• Any storage device which is mobile can be
stated as portable.
• The device must be platform independent
• The very first commonly used portable
storage is Floppy .
• Optical storage
• Flash Drive
• Wireless PSD
• The most commonly used Secondary storage
• a data storage device used for storing and
retrieving digital information using rapidly
• The data is read from the disk by detecting
the transitions in magnetization. User data is
encoded using an encoding scheme
Want to learn more about programming or Looking to become a good programmer?
Are you wasting time on searching so many contents online?
Do you want to learn things quickly?
Tired of spending huge amount of money to become a Software professional?
Do an online course
We put industry standards to practice. Our structured, activity based courses are so designed
to make a quick, good software professional out of anybody who holds a passion for coding.
Follow us @ twitter.com/baabtra
Like us @ facebook.com/baabtra
Subscribe to us @ youtube.com/baabtra
Become a follower @ slideshare.net/BaabtraMentoringPartner
Connect to us @ in.linkedin.com/in/baabtra
Give a feedback @ massbaab.com/baabtra
Thanks in advance
www.baabtra.com | www.massbaab.com |www.baabte.com
Emarald Mall (Big Bazar Building)
Mavoor Road, Kozhikode,
Ph: + 91 – 495 40 25 550
NC Complex, Near Bus Stand
Ph: + 91 – 495 40 25 550
Hilite Business Park,
Start up Village