• Shukto is a very popular
dish in West Bengal.
• Shukto is said to have been
Influenced by Portuguese
cuisine when parts of coastal
Bengal were colonized by the
Portuguese Empire .
• Shukto is also said to have
mentions in Mangal Kavya, written
during the medieval period and in the
biographies of Sri Chaitanya
• Kosha Mangsho is also known as
Mutton Curry, lamb curry & goat
• Kosha mangsho is traditionally
prepared as part of the
celebration of Kali Puja.
• This dish is found in different
Variations in countries in the
Region of south Asia.
• Kathi rolls were started in
Nizam Restaurant in 1932
• There are many stories about
how exactly the roll got started.
• Some suggests that hurried
office commuters wanted
something quick and portable to
eat, some mention British babus
who were too fastidious to
touch the kebab.
• BandeI Cheese is an Indian
• semi-soft cheese made from cow’s
• It originates from the eponymous
Portuguese colony in West Bengal.
• Nowadays it is usually prepared
in the villages of Bishnupur,
Tarakeshwar and Bankura in
• Mishti doi originates from
Bogra district in Bangadesh and
Is very popular in the country
• It is also a popular dessert in
the Indian states of West Bengal
• The origin of this dish is about
150 years ago, first made by the
Sherpur-based ghosh family.
• Sondesh is a traditional Indian
sweet originating from the state
of West Bengal.
• It is said that this dish is
originated somewhere around the
• Sondesh is derived from Hindi
word ‘Sandesh’ which means news
• The dish was named as Sondesh in
the Medieval Bengali Literature.
• Ras Malai also known as Rossomalai
in Bengali language has been described
as ‘a rich cheesecake without a crust’
• Its origin is from West Bengal and it
was first made by K.C.Das(Krishna
• The name of the dessert is a
combination of two Hindi words, ras,
meaning juice, and malai, meaning
Q1. Bandel is prepared in which 3 villages ?
Q2. Sondesh originates from which century?
Q3. Shukto is mentioned in the biographies of which person?
Q4. Where was Kathi Rolls started?
Q5. ___________________ was the inventor of Rasmalai.
Q6.When was Kathi rolls made?
Q7. Mishti Doi originates from which district in Bangladesh?
Q1. Bishnupur, Tarakeshwar and Bankura
Q2. 16th Century
Q3. Sri Chaitanya
Q4. Nizam Restaurant
Q5. K.C.Das( Krishna Chandra Das)
a) Kosha Mangsho b) Shukto
Parece que tem um bloqueador de anúncios ativo. Ao listar o SlideShare no seu bloqueador de anúncios, está a apoiar a nossa comunidade de criadores de conteúdo.
Atualizámos a nossa política de privacidade.
Atualizámos a nossa política de privacidade de modo a estarmos em conformidade com os regulamentos de privacidade em constante mutação a nível mundial e para lhe fornecer uma visão sobre as formas limitadas de utilização dos seus dados.
Pode ler os detalhes abaixo. Ao aceitar, está a concordar com a política de privacidade atualizada.