⚫ A backhoe, also called a rear
actor or back actor, is a piece of
excavating equipment or larger
consisting of a digging bucket
on the end of a two-part
articulated arm. They are
typically mounted on the back
of a tractor or front loader, the
latter forming a 'backhoe
1. Digging action result from the drag or pull of
bucket towards the machine.
2. The boom is set at desired angle
3. The hoist cable is pulled in and the drag cable is
released thus moving the bucket to required position.
4. By pulling the cable the bucket is filled.
5. The bucket is lifted by raising the boom and then
swinging to dumping position.
6. APPLICATION OF BACKHOE
1. Suitable for digging below machine level.
2. Can be efficiently used to trim or dress the
surface avoiding manual effort.
3.A backhoe is designed primarily for excavation below
ground and it is especially employed for trench
4.It posses the positive digging action and accurate lateral
7. ADVANTAGE OF BACKHOE
1. It can be used for a wide variety of tasks: construction,
small demolitions, light transportation of building
powering building equipment, digging
holes/excavation, landscaping, breaking asphalt, and
2. The backhoe bucket can also be replaced with powered
the achievement such as a breaker, grapple, auger, or a