O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
Converting the research idea into a research topic
Yes / No
1. Research is any organized inquiry carried out to
provide information for solving problems.
2. Business Research is a systematic inquiry that
provides information to guide decisions.
It is a process of determining, acquiring, analyzing,
synthesizing and disseminating relevant data,
information and insights to decision makers in ways
that mobilize the organization to take appropriate
action that maximize business performance.
1. Purpose clearly defined
2. Research process detailed
3. Research design thoroughly planned
4. High ethical standard adopted
5. Limitations frankly revealed
6. Adequate analysis for decision need
7. Findings presented unambiguously
8. Decision justified
1. Decide general area of interest or subject matter
that the researcher would like to inquire into.
2. Define problem in broad general way.
3. Resolve ambiguities
4. Feasibility of solution
5. Converting general topic into a specific research
Formulating Research Question
This may be either a problem or an opportunity. At
this stage review published sources and gather
information to understand the true management
Define Management Question based on information
frame the question
1. Examine the concepts to be used in the study.
2. Review the research question with the intention of
breaking it down into specific second and third
3. If hypothesis are used, it should meet the quality
4. Decide what evidence must be collected to answer
the various questions and hypothesis.
Set scope of study by stating what is and is not a part
of the research question. This will establish a
boundary to separate contiguous problems from the
These are questions the researcher must answer to
satisfactorily arrive at a conclusion about the
research question. Researcher takes a general
research question and breaks it into more specific
questions about which to gather data.
Predesigned, pretested : formed and tested by
previous researchers, recorded in literature.
Custom designed : custom tailored to investigative