O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
Company Facts Presentation
T. R. Vishal
• In 1975, Shiv Nadar, Arjun Malhotra,
Subhash Arora, Badam Kishore
Kumar, T.V Bharadwaj and Arun
Kumar H jointly started a company
named Microcomp Limited.
• The venture was focused on
designing and manufacturing of
scientific calculators, it provided its
founders money to start a company
that focused on manufacturing
• Hindustan Computers
Limited was set up in Aug. 11,
• The company name "HCL"
used to stand for
Limited" but now HCL is the
only one name that the
company goes by.
• HCL is a global technology
and IT Enterprise that
operates in 31 countries. Its
headquarters is in Noida,
Vision and Mission
– “A global corporation enriching lives and enabling
business transformation for our customers, with
leadership in chosen technologies and markets. Be the
first choice for employees and partners, with
commitment to sustainability.”
– “We enable business transformation and enrichment
of lives by delivering sustainable world class
technology products, solutions and services in our
chosen markets thereby creating superior shareholder
Founder and Chairman
• The Founder and Chairman of
HCL and Shiv Nadar
• Member of the Executive
Board of the Indian School of
Business (ISB), Hyderabad.
• Padma Bhushan, in year 2008,
by Government of India - for
his contribution to IT industry
• Was awarded the 2013 BNP
Paribas Grand Prize for
Individual Philanthropy on
October 10th, 2013 – for his
unparalleled efforts in
Dr. Shiv Nadar
• Hindustan Computers Limited (HCL) is Born.
• HCL successfully ships in-house designed Micro-computer at the same time as Apple.
• HCL Indigenously developed microprocessor architecture, at the same time as global
• HCL introduces fine grained, Multiprocessor Unix – 3 years ahead of “Sun” and “HP”.
• Data Quest marks HCL No.1 amongst top 10 computer giants.
• HCL – Hewlett Packward JV Develops multi-processor Unix for HP and heralds HCL into
• Distribution alliances with Ericsson Switches and Nokia Cell Phones.
1994 • HCL sets up core group to define software development methodologies
• HCL’s R&D spun – off as HCL Technologies – mark advent in software services
• Initial Public Offering made by HCL Technologies Ltd.
• Software business of HCL infosystems and HCL Technologies were merged.
• HCL becomes the first company to cross the 100,000 unit milestone in Indian Desktop
• JV with NEC Japan
2005 • Launch of HCL PC for India, a fully functional PC priced at Rs. 9,990/• HCL Infosystems ties up with Apple for iPod distribution.
2006 • Nokia Corporation and HCL Infosystems announce a long term distribution strategy
• HCL Infosystems Breaks the one terabyte storage barrier in computers by launching
India’s first ‘one terabyte’ personal computer
• JAN: HCL unveils next generation, ultra portable, sub Rs. 14,000/laptops for the first time in India.
• April: HCL recognized the Britain's top employer.
• Oct: Wins 2008 Optimas award for innovation.
• HCL completes acquisition of AXON Group plc, the largest acquisition in
the Tech space by an Indian company.
• NOKIA Corporation announces to setup a Joint Venture with HCL to sell
mobile value added services directly to consumers in India.
• HCL – BSNL to work together on National Broadband Penetration
• Ajay Chowdhry conferred with the Prestigious Padma Bhushan .
Product Engineering & R&D, Enterprise
& Custom Applications, Enterprise
Transformation Services, Infrastructure
Management & BPO Services
Total Revenues - $ 6.2 Bn
- $ 670 Mn
Global Market Focus
Hardware, System Integration,
Networking Solutions, Managed ISP
Services, Homeland Security & ICT
Indian Market Focus
Enterprise Revenue Growth
Global Presence - Operations
spanning 31 countries
Delivery Facilities - USA, UK,
Finland, Poland, Puerto Rico,
Singapore, Australia, Czech
India Presence - Offices in 170
reaching 4,000 towns
Distribution Network - 93,000
outlets in over 9,000 towns
HCL Infosystems Ltd.
Mr. Ajai Chowdhry
Non-Executive Chairman and
Founder of HCL Infosystems.
Mr. Harsh Chitale
Present CEO and Whole Time
Executive Team – HCL Infosystems
CEO & Whole Time
J V Ramamurthy
President & Chief
Chief Financial Officer
Marketing, Strategy &
Global Head - Mobility
Vice President, HeadConsumer Computing
Chief Human Resources
• Hardware and Solutions Business
IT solutions and Services
Middle East Business (HCL Infosystems MEA)
• Services Business
Infrastructure Management Services
Enterprise Application Services
Infrastructure solutions Business
• Learning Business
– HCL Learning Business
• Distribution Business
– Digilife Distribution and Marketing Services
Price Range: Rs. 22,565
HCL ME Sync
Rs. 20000 to 51000
HCL MyEdu Tab (X1) - K12 With Class
12 Course Content Tablet
Me Champ tablet
Services & Offerings
EPABX + Phones
IP PBX & KTS
Bomb Detection &
IT Infrastructure & Application Services
*MFP/MFD – Multi Function Printer/Device
• Full Function ATM
• Cash Dispenser
• CD with finger-print
• CD with UL 291
• SIS Services
• Rural ATM
Innovations in Hardware
HCLs BANK DATA CENTRE IN A BOX
TOUCH SCREEN KIOSKS
KIOSKS FOR CHEQUE
PRINTING, INFO & NON
Bagged the prestigious Golden Peacock Eco Innovation Award 2013 for eNBA project during
the 15th World Congress on Environment Management.
Won eINDIA Public Sector Enterprises Award 2013 for the project eProcurement by Indian
Railways. HCL was honored for automating the tendering process of Indian Railways which
reduced the procurement cycle time of material from 23 days to instantaneous .
Awarded PC Quest Best IT Implementations of the Year 2013 under the category Project
with Maximum Social Impact for Financial Inclusion project of Bank of Baroda. The
project aims at providing easy access to affordable financial services to those who are
deprived of it so far thereby bringing the unbanked and under banked villages into the
formal financial stream.
Bagged “Corporate - Best Government to Citizens (G2C) Initiative of the Year” award at the
e-Maharashtra Summit 2013. HCL Infosystems was awarded the honor for implementing
turnkey ICT solutions in design, supply, installation, automation, integration, and subsequent
maintenance of India’s first state-of-the-art Border Check Post (BCP) project undertaken by
the Maharashtra Government.
Bagged ‘Partner of the Year Award’ for the Asia Pacific & Japan region as part of CA
Technologies Partner for Impact Awards, held at the Annual User Conference, CA World '13
in Las Vegas. HCL Infosystems was honored for its commitment and expertise in taking CA
Technologies solutions portfolio to market, and its efforts in driving new contracts and
• Bagged the prestigious Shiksha Ratan Award at the
State Education Summit 2013 for Best Smart Class
Service Provider for its flagship product DigiSchool.
• HCL Digischool wins ‘Best ICT Enabled Content for K 12
Education’ at National Education Award presented by
• HCL My EduTab wins “Best tablet providers in
Education” award at World Education Awards 2012.
• In 2012, bagged Mee Seva Award for Excellence in
Delivery from the Government of Andhra Pradesh.
HCL Infosystems Limited partnered with National Skill Development Corporation
(NSDC) to provide skills to youth, aiming at enhancing their employability.
VidyaGyan – A landmark educational initiative for meritorious rural
underprivileged children, completely free
Plant a tree initiative – one tree per client visit (with every client coming to India,
a tree is planted)
Extensive tie-ups with NGOs, women forums, social service communities, health
institutions, blind children institutions
One of the first companies to have a comprehensive environment management
program, HCL is the first company in the country to be ISO14001 compliant.
First company in India to have a comprehensive policy on Waste of Electrical &
Electronic Equipment (WEEE) European Union (2002/96/EC) Directive
According to environmental organization Greenpeace 29% of HCL products are
currently free of toxic vinyl plastic (PVC) and brominated flame retardants (BFRs).
In March 2010, HCL launched its first notebook entirely free of PVC and BFRs.
• Ranked among Top 5 Employer 2012 by IDC – Dataquest.
• HCL has over 93,000 employees at present.
• In February 2005, Vineet Nayar, CEO, HCL Technologies announced a
radical new philosophy, “Employee First, Customer Second” (EFCS).
• Recruitment Process:
Shortlisting of Profiles
• Training & Certification:
– HCL Career Development Centers
– Pan India Centers with 12000 + students creating hardware , software and
networking professionals for the last 30 years
• One Point solution provider.
• Enough Financial Resources for deploying
any amount of hardware and Human
• Pan India Presence for executing onsite
projects in any part of the India.
• Ability to understand customers business
and offer right technology Excellent service
& support infrastructure
• Fast paced and flexible work culture.
• No proper marketing channels and
• After sales services are not customers
• Poor customer relationship
• Less promotional campaigns
• Expanding disposable income of
• A large number of Untapped SMBs
are realizing the importance of I.T
solutions to gain an edge in their
• Increasing consumer awareness
about IT and its use
• Tremendous untapped potential of
IT products in India
• Increasing competition
• Tie-ups with various MNCs enable to
extract their core competencies
• Small Players and manufactures are
trying to enter into the segment where
they can provide much cheaper
products then HCL which will be a
rising competition for HCl to stand.
• Less franchise models
• Local assemblers are biggest menace
for the company
• Advent of global players entering into
• Entry of MNCs giving direct
– Changes in Government
– Import Duty.
– Large projects stalled or
milestone delays due to
lack of decisions.
– Economic growth Slow
– Sharp swing in currency
– Decline in Government
spending with rising
– Brand Perception – towards
income levels, and other
cultural factors influence.
– Cultural aspects of different
regions affect the occurrence
of seasonal sales, which
performance of the computer
industry as a whole.
– Technological advances
over the past decade,
such as increased
processing power with
– Ever changing and
– Short product life cycle