By, Vipin V
Roll no 25
Reg no 95514253
• The Raspberry Pi is a credit card-sized single-board computers
developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation.
• A global phenomena on pi computers are simply everywhere. Turned in
a whole array of different segments from education to professional
markets and in industrial applications where, pi and element 14
launched own customization service.
• Element14 has made and sales more than 10 million in September
2016 of these credit-card sized computers in price tag below ₹2800
(35$) in various different shape and forms distributing them to
customers in over a 113 countries around world.
• Supported by over 0.5 million community members.
• On 2006, 4 men at Cambridge University were getting worried!
• Eben Upton(CEO)
• Rob Mulins
• Jack Lang
• Alan Mycroft
• Skills level in computer science students were declining.
• Something had changed in the way kids interacted with computers.
They wanted to do something about it.
• They wanted to make an accessible, affordable way for kids to learn
how to program.
• In 2008 the Raspberry Pi Foundation
• Its aim is to "promote the study of
computer science and related topics,
especially at school level, and to put
the fun back into learning computer
• On February, element14 and Raspberry pi formed a
partnership to bring the Raspberry Pi to the world.
Raspberry Pi Model A. On launch day, the element14
website received 2 million hits every hour.
• On June, Raspberry Pi Model B was Launched.
• By may 2013, element14 had manufactured one million
• On April, Raspberry Pi computer module was Launched.
• On November, Raspberry Pi model A+ Launched.
• On February, Raspberry Pi 2model B Launched.
• On February, Raspberry Pi 3 model B and Raspberry Pi Zero
Replace all other Raspberry Pi boards. (Which I was mainly focus on).
Hardware Configuration of Raspberry Pi 3
• Raspberry Pi is a System on a chip (SoC).
• CPU : 1.2 GHz 64-bit quad-core ARM Cortex-A53(32/64-bit).
• GPU : VideoCore IV 3D graphics core @ 400MHz (1080p60).
• RAM : 1 GB SDRAM shared with GPU.
• 4 USB 2.0 port.
• 802.11n Wireless LAN, 2.4Ghz
• Bluetooth 4.1
• 40 GPIO pins
• Full HDMI port
• Ethernet port
• Combined 3.5mm audio jack and composite video
• Camera interface (CSI)
• Display interface (DSI)
• Micro SD card slot.
Hardware Configuration of Raspberry Pi Zero
• A tiny Raspberry Pi that’s affordable enough for any project!
• 1Ghz, Single-core CPU
• 512MB RAM
• Mini HDMI and USB On-The-Go ports
• Micro USB power
• HAT-compatible 40-pin header
• Composite video and reset headers
Software Configuration (OS)
• The Raspberry Pi primarily uses Raspbian, a
Debian-based Linux operating system.
• Other third party operating systems available
via the official website include
• Ubuntu MATE
• Snappy Ubuntu Core
• Windows 10 IoT Core
• RISC OS
• Weather Station.
Other 42 OS are available in other website.
• Ubuntu MATE is a stable, easy-to-use operating system with a configurable desktop environment.
• With modest hardware requirements it is suitable for modern workstations, single board
computers and older hardware alike. Ubuntu MATE makes modern computers fast and usable.
Snappy Ubuntu Core
• A new, transactionally-updated Ubuntu for IoT devices, clouds and more.
• Snappy Ubuntu Core is a new rendition of Ubuntu with transactional updates - a minimal server image
with the same libraries as today’s Ubuntu, but applications are provided through a simpler mechanism.
Windows 10 IoT Core
• IoT Core is a version of Windows 10 that is optimized for smaller devices with or
without a display, and that runs on the Raspberry Pi 2 and 3, Arrow DragonBoard
410c & MinnowBoard MAX. Windows 10 IoT Core utilizes the rich, extensible
Universal Windows Platform (UWP) API for building great solutions.
OSMC : Open Source Media Centre
OSMC is a free and open source media centre built for the people, by the people.
Arduino vs Raspberry Pi
Arduino Raspberry Pi
An Arduino is a microcontroller motherboard. A
microcontroller is a simple computer that can run one
program at a time, over and over again. It is very easy
A Raspberry Pi is a general-purpose computer, usually
with a Linux operating system, and the ability to run
multiple programs. It is more complicated to use than
Arduino is best used for simple repetitive tasks:
opening and closing a garage door, reading the
outside temperature and reporting it to Twitter,
driving a simple robot
Raspberry Pi is best used when you need a full-fledged
computer: driving a more complicated robot,
performing multiple tasks, doing intense calculations
(as for Bitcoin or encryption)
Fixed memory size Support maximum up to 128GB micro SD-card.
The Arduino, on the other hand, doesn’t have any
built-in capability for connectivity
The Raspberry Pi comes ready to be connected to the
What can we do with Raspberry Pi
• Application of Raspberry Pi is limitless.
• With Raspberry Pi we can make custom game machine.
A project was launched in December 2014 at an event held by the UK Space Agency. The Astro Pi competition was officially
opened in January and was opened to all primary and secondary school aged children who were residents of the United
Kingdom. During his mission, British ESA Astronaut Tim Peake plans to deploy the computers on board the International
Space Station. He will then load up the winning code while in orbit, collect the data generated and then send this to Earth
where it will be distributed to the winning teams. The themes of Spacecraft Sensors, Satellite Imaging, Space
Measurements, Data Fusion and Space Radiation were devised to stimulate creative and scientific thinking.
• Raspberry Pi is an innovate product.
• The sheer number of users and fan base support the fact that the
device can see a great future ahead.
• The device can surely help anyone who really want to learn
electronics and computer programing.
Parece que tem um bloqueador de anúncios ativo. Ao listar o SlideShare no seu bloqueador de anúncios, está a apoiar a nossa comunidade de criadores de conteúdo.
Atualizámos a nossa política de privacidade.
Atualizámos a nossa política de privacidade de modo a estarmos em conformidade com os regulamentos de privacidade em constante mutação a nível mundial e para lhe fornecer uma visão sobre as formas limitadas de utilização dos seus dados.
Pode ler os detalhes abaixo. Ao aceitar, está a concordar com a política de privacidade atualizada.