• 5G stands for 5th generation wireless technology.
• It is a name which is used in some of the research paper and
going to become a next major phage of mobile
telecommunication beyond the current 4G standard.
• It is a concept which is only theory not real.
• It changes the way we are using wireless gadget by providing
very high bandwidth.
• It adds a no of advantages over the present 4g technology.
• 1G refers to 1st generation of mobile
• It is developed in 1980s and completed in
• It provides a speed up to 2.4kbps.
• It is based on analog system.
• It allows user to make call in one country.
• 2G refers to 2nd generation of mobile
• It was developed in late 1980s and completed
in late 1990s.
• It is based on digital system.
• It provides a speed of up to 64 kbps.
• It provides services like voice and sms with
• It was developed between 1990s & early
2000 and even present days.
• It provides a transmission speed from
125kbps to 2mbps.
• It provides superior voice quality & video
• It provides global facilities.
• 4G stands for 4th generation mobile
• It was developed in the year 2010.
• It is faster and more reliable.
• It provides speed up to 100mbps.
• It provides high performance like uploading
and downloading speed.
• It provides easy roaming as compaired to
• It is the next major phase of mobile
telecommunication & wireless system.
• It is 10 times more faster than 4G.
• It has a expected speed of 1gbps.
• Lower cost than the previous version.
• It is expected to come around the year
• OWA stands for Open Wireless Architecture.
This layer is used to define the wireless
technology to be used.
Physical Layer + Data Link Layer=OWA
• Network Layer is divided into two sublayer
1.Lower Network Layer
2.Upper Network Layer
• Network Layer is used to route the data from
source to destination
• Open Transport Layer perform the operation
of both transport layer and session layer.
• Transport Layer + Session Layer=OTL
• Application Layer is responsible for providing
good quality of service.
• Application Layer selects the best wireless
connection for a given service.
15. Hardware & Software of 5G
• Uses UWB (Ultra Wide Band) networks with higher
BW at low energy levels
• BW is of 4000 Mbps, which is 400 times faster than
today’s wireless networks
• Uses smart antenna
• Uses CDMA (Code Division Multiple Access)
• 5G will be single unified standard of different wireless
networks, including LAN
technologies, LAN/WAN, WWWW- World Wide
Wireless Web, unified IP & seamless combination of
• Software defined radio, encryption, flexibility, Anti-
16. Features of 5G
• High resolution for crazy cell phone users
• Bi-directional large BW
• Less traffic
• 25 Mbps connectivity speed
• Enhanced & available connectivity just about the
• Uploading & Downloading speed of 5G touching
the peak (up to 1 Gbps)
• Better & fast solution
17. Advantages of 5G
• Data BW of 1 Gbps or higher
• Globally accessible
• Dynamic information access
• Available at low cost
• The high quality services of 5G technology
based on Policy to avoid error
18. Applications of 5G
• Global networks
• Wearable devices with AI (Artificial
• Media independent handover
• Radio resource management
• VoIP (Voice over IP) enabled devices
• With 6th sense technology
• 5G technology is going to be a new revolution
in wireless systems market.
• There are some other projects, which are
undertaken ay 5G technologies. Here we want
to mention that 3G mobiles are working these
days, and 4G technologies are coming, but in
future we are ready to face 5G technologies.