O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
Vincent Fontaine – June 2017
The Next Big Thing In Digital Gold Rush
2. What is an ICO?
3. Beneﬁts for Entrepreneurs
4. Beneﬁts for Investors
5. Why it’s so hot?
6. The Next Big Thing
7. Beneﬁts for the Tech Industry
8. ICO vs Kickstarter vs VC vs IPO
9. Digital Currency Market
10. Top Digital Assets
11. ICO Market
12. Market Share
13. Press & Media Coverage
14. About the author
• Bitcoin is up 150% to All Time High $3,000
• Ethereum is up 3000% since January 2017
• Crypto-currency market is ﬂooded with more than 750 digital assets
• Ethereum is used to create and sale tokens to raise money (ICO)
• Bitcoin is used to buy all the digital assets, which increases demand
à $1.5B raised via ICO these past 12 months
à ICO just outpassed VC funding this year
The so-called ICO (IniGal Coin Oﬀering) in a decentralized
crowdfunding process, without any third party (no banks or
à Investors are backing projects by directly purchasing tokens emiced
by entrepreneurs (token price and supply decided before the ICO)
à The tokens are then traded on the market for Bitcoin or USD,
almost immediately aeer the crowdfunding campaign ends.
WHAT IS AN ICO?
- Entrepreneurs raise money in days, minutes (or even seconds) to
develop their project and bring it to life
- They get paid in real-fme, thanks to Ethereum Blockchain and
- Strategy: Fail Faster à Learn Faster à Succeed Faster
BENEFITS FOR ENTREPRENEURS
à BAT ICO raised $35M in 24 seconds last month
à BANCOR ICO raised $150M in 3 hours this month
- Invest in inspiring, disrupfve and game changing projects
- Find visionary entrepreneurs in minutes, before VCs
- Get ultra liquid digital assets (tokens) to lower their risk
BENEFITS FOR INVESTORS
Smart investors and insftufonal traders oeen make astonishing
proﬁts on exchanges, shortly aeer purchasing tokens from the crowd-
WHY IT’S SO HOT?
à New tokens and young crypto-currencies are extremely volafle.
à Most assets fail, but it’s usual to see up to +500% daily increase for
the top performing digital assets.
à From an investor’s point of view, ICO allows ultra liquid investments
à Tokens are a vehicle for faster returns (or faster loss too, of course)
So basically, an ICO is a crowdfunding campaign with all the beneﬁts of an
IPO or FOREX trading, where people invest or speculate on assets.
THE NEXT BIG THING IS HERE
To grasp the real scale of the ICO phenomenon:
1) Have an idea + Launch a market study
2) Develop the project + Get Friends & Family funding to build a Tech Startup
3) Make a working prototype and raise seed capital
4) Test the Proof Of Concept on real clients (are people willing to pay for that product or idea?)
5) Convince VCs, make a Series A, then a Series B, then a Series C
6) Then, if all of this was successful, list the company through an IPO
7) Then, see the market reacfon to the new listed stock (are investors willing to buy the new
listed stock? Is it valuable for long term investment or for pure speculafon?)
à ICO = all of this in one month. Yes, it’s frightening.
Tech industry will grow faster than ever starfng from right now.
BENEFITS FOR THE TECH INDUSTRY
• Like always, 90% of ICO funded companies will fail to deliver
• But Top 10% will bring disrupfve and game changing innovafons to
the world, faster than ever before (in weeks or months, not years)
• ICO can be seen as an IPO simulator and the perfect A/B tesfng tool
to accelerate Research, Development and Innovafon.
ICO is the perfect tool to quickly test market reacfons to a new enfty
(Brand + Team + Product + Company etc.) with real money and real
ICO Kickstarter VC IPO
Investment @ project phase YES YES n/a n/a
Investment @ prototype phase YES YES YES n/a
LisGng Process Days Weeks Months Years
What are investors buying? Digital Tokens
Products / Goodies /
Shares of the company Stocks
Third party / Escrow service /
(VC and lawyers)
(banks and regulators)
Downside / Risk for investors Loose the money Loose the money Loose the money Loose the money
Upside / Reward for investors
You can make $50,000
with a $500 investment
You get the product
for half the price
You can make $50,000
with a $5,000
investment in years
To make $50,000 you
must invest $500K @ 10%
for one year
ICO vs VC vs KICKSTARTER vs IPO
FROM ANARCHY TO MARKET STABILIZATION
ETHEREUM WILL OUTPASS BITCOIN SOON
BTC (BITCOIN): falling from 90% to 38% of the market
ETH (ETHEREUM): jumped from 2% to 32% of the market (ICO uses Ethereum Blockchain)
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Vincent Fontaine is a French entrepreneur and computer
Throughout his career in computers and engineering, he
worked on various excifng topics, including operafng
systems, digital signal processing, distributed P2P networks,
mobile adverfsing and robofcs.
Vincent is an early crypto-currency adopter and trader. He is
also the founder of MineField Ventures, a tech studio backing
promising startups like Kasomi and Nidium.