1. Slide 1 Team Name: Whatisyourorganization’sname,
contactinfo, nameandtitleofprimarycontact? Include a one-
• Organization Name: BasuraCero
• Contact Info: Valentina Delgado
• Imagine everything you throw away can
become a useful product! That is BasuraCero
2. Slide 2 What specificproblem are youtackling? We know
you’rehelpingsolveplasticpollution, butwhichpartofit, specif
ically? Persuasively describe whatyou’retargeting.
We specifically tackle, the hard to recycle plastics that have no
market inside the recycling industry. Such products include,
multilayered waste , that usually ends up being buried or illegally
burnt. We have created a process that allows us to transform this
kinds of plastic into useful products (such as chairs, tables,
notebooks, anything the client wants, really), allowing us to
communicate environmental conscience tackling as well the
problem of indifference perceived in today’s society .
3. Slide 3 How doesyourproductsolvetheproblemyoudescribed?
Explainyourvaluepropositionand how yourimpactwill be
measurable. Forthis slide, focusonbeingpersuasive,
• We deal with the hard to recycle plastic waste by
transforming it into useful products so we contribute to
create environmental consciousness, neutralizing the
environmental impact caused by this kind of plastic
waste, in a very original way to do it.
• As well we calculate the environmental benefits of our
products (example: this chair is made by 500 plastic
bottles and leaves free space for nature equivalent to
the size of one standard pool) in this way our clients
can communicate sustainability and contribute to
create environmental consciousness.
4. Slide 4 How doesyourcompanymakemoney? Who are
yourcustomersand how do theyfindyourproduct?
• Our company makes money all the way around the strategy
explained in the next slide, since the moment of collection of
industrial plastic waste all the way to the creation of social
• Our customers can be anyone that wants to join in the whole
strategy or in any part of it. Could be the big industries that
generate the plastic waste, people interested in products
made by recycled material or anyone with the aim of
•People find out about our strategies and the different parts
of it through our costumers and our webpage. Usually the
new clients we have get to know about our products because
of the recommendation of another client.
5. Slide 5 Tell usaboutyourtechnology. How doesitwork, andwhatresourcesdoesitrequire?
Diagrams may be more helpfulthantexthere.
Wecreatesustaintabilitystrategiesthatwecallregenerativeorof 360 degrees, fromwhichourclients
6. Slide 6 What isyour marketing and sales strategy? Describe how
use, andwhat are theapproximatecosts?
• Our main target customers are the big companies that
produce large amount of plastic waste, since is the law
to have a disposal plan for their waste it is very
attractive to them to give us their waste and buy back
products they can use in their companies. Plus by
consuming our products they can communicate their
environmental benefits and promote themselves as
• Our product basically sells for itself. We do stress the
fact that more and more consumers are more aware of
our planet and are more attracted of buying from
companies that are eco-friendly.
7. Slide 7 Who are yourcompetitors? Betterto be thoroughthannarrow:
Wewanttoseethatyou’ve done yourhomework.
Focusonwhyyou’regoodinsteadofwhyyourcompetitors are bad.
• To be completely honest, we don’t have any
competitors as such here in Mexico , there are
several companies that recycle plastic but
what we do is to create not only the specific
product the client desires but as well we
calculate the environmental benefits and the
communication strategies our client can use in
order to promote sustainability.
8. Slide 8 Who’sonyour team? Whatexperience do theybring?
yourmanagementand, ifapplicable, boardofdirectors, advisorsa
• Bernardo Greenham: As an Ecologist he has a lot of experience in
environmental issues and a great love for nature that motivates him
to keep the project running. He is the Executive Director.
• VikenSiranosian: As a business administrator he manages the
logistic of the project and tries to keep the most cost-efficient as
possible. He is the Commercial Director.
• Diego de la Rosa: As an industrial designer he works with the
recycling formula and design of our products. He is the Director of
– They form the board of director and are the principal investors of the
• As well we have close collaborators that specialize in pollution
control, green building and sustainable development.
9. Slide 9 Financials: Whatisyourprojectedrevenuethreeandfiveyears out?
How manycustomers do youexpecttohavethen, and at whatconversionrate?
Whatstartup capital do youneed? Haveyouraisedanymoneythroughfriends,
familyorangels? How long willthatmoneywilllast,
andwhenwillyouneedtoraiseyournext round? Financialforecasts are, by
nature, guesses, butweneedtoseeyourthinkingbehindthem.
• In the past four years our income has grown more than
100%. We expect to keep the big costumers we have
until now and keep growing as the word spreads out
about our work.
• Since the company started we have raised money
through friends and family, probably this year will be
the first that we will have to acquire a financial credit if
we keep growing.
10. Slide 10 Sustainability: Explain how yourcompanyisecologicallysound.
• In our production process we don’t generate any waste
since it all can be re-inserted in our production process. We
use 100% industrial plastic waste as our main supply, we
use the minimum amount of water. During our process,
nonetheless, there is an important consumption of
electricity but at the same time our product generates
environmental benefits that helps neutralize our
consumption of energy.
• In the operations of our company we use a web hosting
that operates with wind energy. Due to the nature of our
business we do not generate any paper documents or print
anything, and we keep our offices as eco-friendly as
possible buy separating the trash and keeping our energy
consumption at minimum levels.
11. Slide 11 What isyourcurrent status? Anyaccomplishmentsto date
you’dliketomention? What’sonyourtimelineforthenearfuture? Ifyouwinthe $50,000
FirstPrize, how willyou use theinvestment?
• We are at a growing status. Our biggest
accomplishment has been to truly complete
the regenerative or 360 degree strategy
through our clients. That is to reinsert the
waste transformed into useful products into
the consumption chain, in order to create
• If we win the first prize, we will use this
investment to meet our growing needs.