19. Using subtraction
• To find out what was taken away
• We use subtraction when we know the
original number and what is left over but
need to find out what was taken away.
20. • Eighteen children were on the swing.Some children
went home.there are now five children on the
swing.How many children went home?18-?=5
• We can find the answer by subtraction.
so, 18 – 13 = 5
• Ans-13 children went home.
21. To find out how many more needed
• We use subtraction when we have to find
out how many more to be added to get
the given number.
22. • Varuns mother needs 15 apples to make fruit
salad.She has 9 apples.How many more does she
• This can be solved using subtraction
• 15-9=? 15-9 = 6
• Ans – Varuns mother needs 6 more apples for the
23. Subtracting 3-digit numbers
• Regrouping tens to ones.
• Sometimes when you subtract,you may
not have enough ones.You may have to
regroup 1 to tens.
24. • 573 peoples came for exibition in the
morning.256 people left in afternoon.How
many are still at the exibition? 573-256=?