2. Introduction to JIRA
JIRA for Administrators
Manage Projects/ Project Categories
Manage Users/ Groups/Roles
Manage Issues:Types,Workflows, Fields,Attributes
JIRA for project members
Dashboard and SCRUM board
Create a backlog
Planning, executing, reporting
4. JIRA lets you prioritize, assign, track, report and audit your
“issues”, from software bugs and helpdesk tickets to project
tasks and change requests.
More than just an issue tracker, JIRA is an extensible platform
that you can customize to match your business processes
JIRA improves productivity by cutting down on time wasted
on tracking issues and coordination.
JIRA improves quality by ensuring all tasks are recorded down
with all the details and followed up till completion.
6. Agile development offers a new way of
thinking about software development.
Its fundamental unit is still a task — and those tasks need to
be organized, allocated, scheduled and tracked as they
That's where JIRA comes in.
The PO compiles the requirements
The requirements are broken down into
segments (should be part-deliverabale).
In JIRA: “Epic”, “Story”, “Feature”, etc.
The PO personally creates a prioritized
list. In JIRA: field “Priority”
In the beginning of each Sprint the PO
"freezes" the foremost items on the list
and summons the ScrumTeam to a
• Before each Sprint, the highest prioritized goals are
transferred to a Sprint Backlog
• In the Sprint planning meeting, Scrum Master & Scrum
Team work with PO to determines the goal of the Sprint.
Estimate the points can do in the Sprint
• The goal consists of prioritized functionality broken down
into detailed tasks
• The Scrum Team is self-organized and the members have
a joint responsibility for the results
Have estimation and owner of each task
• Move tasks to “In Progress” column
• Keep them updated by inputting Work Log
at the end of every day.
• Issue type should be “Bug”
• Should use Issue Link to connect to the
User Story (for tracking purpose)