8. 73% Growth Overall
• Improving slightly in each area creates a compounding effect
• EVERY business has the opportunity to improve in these three areas
• Fundamentals may not seem sexy, but they work!
14. Who Cares?
• There are over two billion people online
• 93% of online experiences begin with a search engine
• The majority of web traffic is driven by the ‘Big Three’
search engines-Google, Bing and Yahoo
(Search Engine Journal)
15. Who Cares?
• 77% of search engines choose organic over paid listings1
• 67% choose organic search results when purchasing2
• Organic click-through generates 25% higher conversion
rates than PPC3
16. 1. Get more customers
17. What’s more
The DMA projects email to drive $67.8 billion in sales in 2012
and $82.2 billion in sales in 2016.
18. 1. Get more customers
Social media marketing
19. Customers WANT YOU on social media
• 93% of customers expect companies to have a presence on social
• 85% expect companies to interact with them on those social channels2
(1,2 Cone Business Study on Social Media, 2008)
20. People are talking. Are you part of the
• Social media is not a passing fad!
• 53% of people on Twitter recommend companies and/or products in
their tweets (ROI Research for Performance)
• The average consumer mentions specific brands over 90 times per
week in conversations with friends, family, and co-workers (WOMMA)
21. 1. Get more customers
22. Location-based marketing
From $0 in 2009, location-based marketing is projected to
grow to $6 billion in 2015. Some restaurants are seeing 65
percent redemption rates from new, real-time geo-targeted